Walker's Path by Boy In Doubt

Knight Walker is a 17-year-old artist with a tendency to take the wrong turn every now and then.

Quite content with his small town life, he has gotten used to having a homophobic father that refuses to shut up, a neurotic mother that tries to reach out and a best friend that never fails to lend a shoulder to cry on.

But what happens when he allows his impulsive nature to get the best of him? Will pouring his heart out to his current infatuation lead to something good?

Or will he be forced to walk down the road alone?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I just wanted to let anyone who might be reading Walker's Path know that I'm still working on the story and have no intention of ending it just yet. I know that it takes me a while (almost forever) to update and I apologize for the delay, but just know that new chapters will be up in the coming months. I'd also like to thank those who have sent emails, reviews and PMs. You've all been a great help. :)

While waiting for updates feel free to discuss the storylines, the characters and individual chapters in this thread. I am open to criticism and would appreciate any kind of feedback (be it good, bad or flame-y). Let's start off with these questions below:

1) Which character do you relate to the most?

2) Which character grates on your nerves?

3) What issues/themes would you like the story to deal with?

I have read what you've posted so far twice now. I will be taking a refresher before I comment on your questions that way I'll have a accurate answer. So far, the one person I can't stand is Walkers dad! I'd LOVE to give the man an attitude adjustment!

I have read what you've posted so far twice now. I will be taking a refresher before I comment on your questions that way I'll have a accurate answer. So far, the one person I can't stand is Walkers dad! I'd LOVE to give the man an attitude adjustment!

Thanks for the feedback, Rush. Take as much time as you need, there's no need to rush (no pun intended). :lol: And yes, Doug Walker is meant to be hated...lol

By the way, Chapter 7 is now up. It's called "When Life Gives You Cookie Dough". I'll let you figure the title out. Happy reading! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to let you guys know that the "book trailer" I created for Walker's Path is finally up. Check it out on my Youtube channel here: BoyInDoubt

I am currently working on the last three chapters of this volume so don't worry, they will be up at some point. Thanks again and happy reading!

-Boy in Doubt

I have started your story, chapters one and two. Your story has your joie de vivre.

Thanks, Sam. I'm glad you see that in my writing. I wanted to portray the beautiful side of life in spite of all the angst that may overshadow it. Either through Knight's eyes or Kendra's or all the other characters in their small town. Thanks for the reviews in the eFiction section, by the way. I was just there and when I saw 4 new ones I felt like bursting into song...lol. I get beyond ecstatic when I get reviews, so thank you so much.

Hope you enjoy the rest! :)

• 4 months later...

I really liked the most recent chapter, i am glad that the story has continued. i liked the kid's Knight had to babysit, i think you might ahve stolen their personalities from my cousins though lol. I liked the end Wesley asking him to the Prom, it was funny. i look forward to more.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

I really liked the most recent chapter, i am glad that the story has continued. i liked the kid's Knight had to babysit, i think you might ahve stolen their personalities from my cousins though lol. I liked the end Wesley asking him to the Prom, it was funny. i look forward to more.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

Thanks, NightOwl. The recent chapter has a special place in my heart as it's the first 'Chapter 8' I'd ever written. I'd never had a story last this long and that's why I'm really grateful to you guys for your support, especially since I take ages to get new chapters up. I know how annoying that can be...lol. If Michael and Gabriel are anything like your cousins then woohoo, mission accomplished! :lol: I try my best to write believable characters even though you probably know by now how over the top most of them can get.

I'm glad you liked the last scene. I had struggled with that for quite some time before choosing to end it the way I did. I'm really happy with my decision. Thanks again and happy reading! :)

-Boy in Doubt

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE we have to celebrate then, if this is the longest story you've ever managed, thats like HUGE!!!!!! I'm always surprised when I manage to get a new chapter out, I'm always afraid I'll sit down to type one up and nothing will come out lol. I'm a big fan of the story so I'll be checking in often.

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE we have to celebrate then, if this is the longest story you've ever managed, thats like HUGE!!!!!! I'm always surprised when I manage to get a new chapter out, I'm always afraid I'll sit down to type one up and nothing will come out lol. I'm a big fan of the story so I'll be checking in often.

LOL...probably not that huge but it is to a major procrastinator such as myself. Life's been quite stressful lately and it's a wonder I even get anything done anymore. I totally get what you mean about that fear. Sometimes I'd find myself sitting and staring at the screen, worrying that I may never finish. But you know what they say, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

So we're going to keep going. :) Cheers!

*raise's his glass* CHEERSlaugh.gif

I try not to look at the long run, I mean i think about how the story will end but not really think about it, just take it chapter by chapter. I know if I tried to do anything but that I'd drive myself nuts.

In response to your reply on the 'reviews' section.... There's no way you'll be rid of me!! Muahahahaha!!! I'll be pestering you to write more. This story is too good to leave at just 10 chapters my dear! So much could be developed between all the characters in it!!!! I love your writing, can you tell? :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Grate story dud loved it Can't wait for more!specool.gif

And agree with Momma Ruch man this story is way to good to end in two chapters!