Canadian GA Meet-up?

Jack Frost

I've been thinking for a little while.

The Americans have met a few times now.

Seeing that there are about a dozen regular Canadian users here and that four of us are living in Montreal area. There are a few living in Ontario a drive away from the city.

So I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in a Montreal meet, perhaps at a pub/bar watching the Habs game over beer and snacks? It'd be next to impossible to get tickets for a group of several people (alone being able to sit all together at one spot!!!).

I'm hoping FrenchCanadian, Moonwolf, and CynicalRomantic would be up to this. Perhaps Mattie too. :D

Everyone else (Canadian or not) are welcome too if they're willing to go to Montreal. I can help you to find you a hostel/hotel since it's off-season and the infamous Canadian winter is starting to kill us and that keeps the tourists away now. :P Oh Americans don't need a passport yet if crossing land border (just a birth certificate and driver's license will still do until June).

Perhaps, let's say around New Year week? Or after? The date is not too specific.

Edited by Jack Frost

ha ha my name has a smile beside it go me :)

i'm totally up for this i will see what i can do. This sounds really fun. Me and you Montrealers can swear in french at the habs if they are losing and swear in french if the other team scores. I know my "Maudsi Callus & my Asti Tabarnacs" lol.

• Site Administrator

Sorry Jack :(

Maybe if it was somewhere more mid country with warm weather like Winnipeg in February, I could make it :lol: .

I agree that the Toronto to Montreal corridor might be the best place due to numbers, but let me know if anything comes up closer to summer.

Steve B)

Montreal's a great city. I spent my formative years there. But in January??? :blink: Forget that noise. Too many "flacons de neige". :P Not to mention the freezing your butt stuff. Call me a wuss, I don't care. :lol:

Montral's a possibility in the warmer months. I still have good friends there, too.

There's nothing wrong with the Montreal members trying something like this on their own.

That said, Vancouver has been covered in snow now for about 5 days...and cold too. You Montrealers would feel right at home here. :P

Conner

Just saw this. Actually, I didn't see it at all; Jack had to point it out to me. Doh. Anyway, something like that could be fun; if I'm around, I might be up for it.

And Connor, cold, you say? Why ever would you think it was cold in Montreal in the winter? Just because it was minus-30 today and my limbs had nearly frozen off by the time I made it to the office, why would you think that was cold? *Rolls eyes innocently*.

• Site Administrator

I'm just across the lake from you guys :)

But there is no way in hell you could pay me to drive through the lake effect snow from hell zone this time of year. Summer though...

And I have my passport so that I can cross easier. Crossing with only your birth certificate since 9/11 is a bit of a pain in the scooter.

So... Possible guests: Me, Mattie, and Cynical Romantic.

Still a good crowd for me to enjoy the Habs game at a pub/bar. I'll trust Cynical to pick a bar since she seems to know the good ones to watch hockey. :P

But yeah, I know it's funny to do so in the middle of winter, but I figure we might have a good number in the city with a few living not too far in Ontario.

If it goes nicely (or not), we'll still try the summer as well when we won't have to worry about the damn infamous Canadian winter (Vancouver excluded). :D

I'll go PM Sasha and Moonwolf.

Edited by Jack Frost

ya, sorry, I haven't seen this earlier,, I mean,, with work and with staying more often at jason's without internet,, well the times that I do come and read the posts,, I miss a few,,, 0:)

Like it's been said earlier,, maybe in the middle of winter ain't the best time of the year to invite everyone to drive to montreal,, maybe a little more during the spring/summer would be better,,, something like a nice day ending with watching the fireworks,,

Tho for us that are in montreal, ya,,, meeting up for a game could be very interesting.. I haven't asked jason but i'm sure he'd be up for it. as for me,, as long as I'm not working that evening,, yup

Yeah, I know winter is harder, but it doesn't have to be the only meet in our lifetime. ^^

Now we have four-five.

What date should we pick? Perhaps when the Habs face against one of the Canadian teams such as the Senators or ther Leafs? :D

And which pub/bar would you recommend? Some place with a good big TV and beer will just do for me. ^^

Edited by Jack Frost

ha ha speaking of cold, its been freezing rain here for a few days now, my driveway is a skating rink. Fell on my butt a few times it was kinda funny, the yard is totally flooded too.

ha ha we don't even need a bar for Beer, God i loved Quebec for that you could buy booze everywhere. In ontario you can only go to the LCBO or the Beer Store. Freezing Cold weather gotta love it. I'll make sure to pack my camoflauge Toque and my warm camoflauge jacket. it's pretty butch i know but it keeps my ass warm. ha ha wear so much clothes that i wont freeze and then i'd win playing strip poker :)

What about if we do it in late may or early june during the playoffs ? We can even show the beauty of montreal and its inhabitants way better during late spring early summer. less stuff being covered. coats and snow are non-existant so yea sure :) as for a place to check the playoff there's always la cage aux sports or Les 3 brasseurs or a mikes or any pub... in fact every place will show the playoffs since the habs will be there for the long run ! :P

moonwolf

We riot when we win, we riot when we lose...

Actually, that's not fair. The last riot after the Habs/Bruins Game 7 was pre-planned by anarchists who just wanted to use the hockey game as a cover and excuse for their idiocy. They weren't even hockey fans. And the dumbasses posted about their plans all over the internet, too.

4 Habs in the All-Star starting lineup, BTW!

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha i just remembered something... if we do it in the summer. Is there that water park still in Grandby??? Me & Cynical can use some eye candy (Cynical just nod your head even if you don't agree with me) I'll make sure to bring my camera lol

ha ha i just remembered something... if we do it in the summer. Is there that water park still in Grandby??? Me & Cynical can use some eye candy (Cynical just nod your head even if you don't agree with me) I'll make sure to bring my camera lol

Oh god do you want me to expose my tits to the whole water park and most especially to your camera?

I suppose summer should do. Assuming I didn't get a job out of the city. :P