3 Wishes

Nathan

• Site Administrator

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to GA.

I will read the article in a sec, just thought I'd post the address in a link here .

Steve B)

• Site Administrator

Okay...my three wishes

1. Be able to read the minds of people who are planning evil towards me so I could twart them (the ones with good thoughts, no problems :D )

2. Have a contentment in life so that I don't feel that I want to keep up with the Jone's.

3. Have a really big ______. (I'll leave that blank and to your imagination :lol: )

I'm sure these would change depending on the day or even hour of the week. Maybe I'll check back in a couple of days and see if my choices have changed.

Steve B)

There's a phrase that has always troubled me. Be careful what you wish for, it may come true. On the one hand having one's hearts desires couldn't be a bad thing, could it? On the other hand, it could destroy someone.

Look at all those unfortunate people who have had the luck to win the lottery. Their lives are changed in an instant. Friends and family on the outside are happy for them, on the inside seethe with jealousy, especially if that lottery fortune is not shared out. And for the rest of their life (or for however long the money lasts) the winner will always be on their guard, wary of people who may have ulterior motives.

Then there's another thought on wishes that I have. What if, everyone gets one wish in their life granted for them? That may sound great, but what if you have no control when that wish will be granted?

Like the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, the wish fairy is a very busy entity. So, she happens to be passing at the very moment that you inadvertently say "I wish it would stop raining". She grants your wish and moves on. You're happy that the weather has changed, blissfully unaware that you have used up your one wish.

Or maybe I'm looking at this wish thing too deeply.

Therefore, my three wishes would be:

1) To be able to communicate in and understand every language (Check the wording there. That would include things like computer languages and encrypted codes. The possibilities would be endless)

2) To be able to travel through time and space. (Shades of sci-fi here, but hey, these are my wishes)

3) To be able at will to change my appearance. i.e. to become a metamorph.

Maybe these might sound a bit heavy, but believe me, with all three of those wishes I would have a lot of fun. Now, where is that wish fairy when I need her?

There's a phrase that has always troubled me. Be careful what you wish for, it may come true. On the one hand having one's hearts desires couldn't be a bad thing, could it? On the other hand, it could destroy someone.

Very true. You could end up with a ________ so large that everyone who saw it would run away screaming. :P