Bruno

Jack Scribe

That figures. You've go to bleed a little before you really understand.

If that is even slightly hinting at saying the "younger generation" hasn't faced any sort of discrimination, hatred and stereotyping you have then honestly that's being ridiculously self-indulgent.

To say that that is the reason why some younger posters are enjoying the film, as though we're oblivious and uneducated on the quite tragic past faced by many and still some today is just dumb.

The films childish, immature and full of dick jokes. If anything that is why you may be seeing a pattern.

As for the film: It's obviously not oscar material, but i've seen worse attempts at comedy.

• Like 2

I think I see a pattern here: the younger generation that has NOT had to fight for decades to be taken seriously, has NOT been considered mentally disordered and has NOT been the butt of every fag joke in history is much more forgiving of that piece of shit Cohen.

That figures. You've go to bleed a little before you really understand.

Or it could be said that too much bleeding makes you bitter and blind to what you are actually seeing- an insignificant film. If it really has such an impact on your life then maybe you need to reprioritze a little.

Also, if you think there is no discrimination in the world then you are VERY much mistaken and for you to suggest it is an insult to our generation. Maybe you might want to take a look in the Teen forum before you say such things in future.

Martin

Edited by clumber

If that is even slightly hinting at saying the "younger generation" hasn't faced any sort of discrimination, hatred and stereotyping you have then honestly that's being ridiculously self-indulgent.

To say that that is the reason why some younger posters are enjoying the film, as though we're oblivious and uneducated on the quite tragic past faced by many and still some today is just dumb.

You would not have survived what I've been through and I watched it kill most of my friends.

Watching some a-hole get rich by making fools out of us ain't exactly something I've got any patience for.

You would not have survived what I've been through and I watched it kill most of my friends.

Watching some a-hole get rich by making fools out of us ain't exactly something I've got any patience for.

As I said not my cup of tea either.

He overplayed the stunts and jokes, there was very little satire and social commentary for a redeeming factor.

@Drewbie, drew carey did host the show, "Whose is it anyway"; although, it might have been spun from the British version. It was funny either way.

A heterosexual man playing a flamboyant gay man; sounds like "will and grace", hehe!

• Site Administrator

Can we please keep the thread on topic -- a discussion as to whether the movie is worth seeing.

Everyone is an individual. Our sense of humour is a derivative of our experiences. Some people will find offensive what others find funny -- that's a fact of life. We do not need to discuss in this thread what is or is not funny, and why. If you want to do that (and I, personally, would find that interesting), please do so in The Soapbox, because the discussion is likely to get very lively (read: heated).

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 2

• Site Administrator

Personally, I haven't seen either Borat or Bruno, and I'm not really interested. I've seen enough to know that Cohen's sense of humour doesn't agree with me, regardless of what he's trying to lampoon.

I want to see it. I've seen some of Ali G show and the Borat movie. On youtube I saw his interview with Rove. I thought he was funny. Plus I figured since it was television the character was behaving. Actually what I saw reminds me of one of my friends..........only Bruno isn't loud and he doesn't prance(yes prance) around alot.