Bisexual Blue

Daisy

hey all

I just saw this article or rather interview with Duncan James. He is a member of Blue which was a UK boyband while I was in high school. no idea whether they made it abroad. It seems they are doing the same as everyone else and staging a comeback. In the interview with the news of the world he has come as out as bisexual saying before they did their comeback he wanted to be completely open with his fans. I quite like the interview and that he is so open about his journey.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/402391/Blues-Duncan-James-I-have-flings-with-men.html

celia

(just thought though, I wonder whether he really was going to come out or whether the newspaper forced his hand)

Edited by Smarties

That's interesting. I have not heard of them, but that doesn't mean they haven't been in the US. Maybe they have. One thing that struck me was the first comment on the story, some closed-minded asshole who thinks he should choose. I hate when people say that. It's an extreme over-simplification of bisexuality. Good luck to him at finding his true love. :)

That's interesting. I have not heard of them, but that doesn't mean they haven't been in the US. Maybe they have. One thing that struck me was the first comment on the story, some closed-minded asshole who thinks he should choose. I hate when people say that. It's an extreme over-simplification of bisexuality. Good luck to him at finding his true love. :)

yeah I saw that. that and the style of the news of the world. interesting choice to reveal the stuff to out of everybody. which does make me cynical of their motives. I read elsewhere he was pretty open in real life and joked in front of the press. but the 'exclusives' are a standard trick of the tabloids, and especially the leader NOTW, where they have some dirt or pictures and offer people a chance to reveal all in a nice way or have the stuff published.

but yeah hope he does :D !

these are 2 tracks by them and a pic of the group. i remember some of my friends, well one in particular, being obsessed by them.

with elton john, sorry is the hardest word:

all rise:

he's on the left.

SNF13BIZBL-682_506882a.jpg

Edited by Smarties

I know them, they were quite the hype here in holland back in the days, not bad performers either....

and figures that even boybands finally come out of the closet :)

there was definitly hype here, I remember them always being on the radio.

another of their songs. what is with all the bopping with their hands (more with all rise)-- other bands used to do that too.

(pity the graphics aren't great)

celia

Whoa. Pretty shocking news for a boyband member. But good for him. They were also pretty a big here in the Philippines. I remember watching MTV every morning getting ready for school and listening to them. Gosh it feels so distant, i was 11 or 12 at that time. Oh he still has the boy-band-cute look. 0:)

Nice bit of free publicity for the band as well!

Inadvertantly maybe. But I don't think that was intentional. If anything I think it was a forced coming out by the news of the world. But he seems comfortable that it doesn't really matter.

here is a blog entry by him after the interview:

BLOG

Tuesday 14th July

News of my world!

I just want to publicly say on my website that i am so appreciative of all the kind words and loyal support you have expressed to me on here.

I have read all your messages and i am overwhelmed by ur love and kindness and continued support towards me at this time.

I want to say, it was a really hard decision to make, but i feel its the right time to be honest not just to myself but to all u guys too so thankyou for understanding my reasons.

I also want to say for the record that by coming out as bisexual was in no way, shape, or form a publicity stunt to help blue's reunion tour (which is not even arranged or planned as of yet!), and it saddens me to think there have been shallow people in our country who actually think that my coming out was for that reason.

Anyway, once again thankyou for being here and supporting me. It means so much

Duncan xxxxx

http://www.officialduncanjames.co.uk/blog/

At least he came out on his own terms, I think. Lance Bass was going to be outed, so he beat the press to the punch. We applaud people who become who they are in the public eye, but it also sucks that we force it out of them sometimes. Anyway, I used to be big on boy bands... like any other teenager at one point or another.. but I had no knowledge of Blue.

At least he came out on his own terms, I think. Lance Bass was going to be outed, so he beat the press to the punch. We applaud people who become who they are in the public eye, but it also sucks that we force it out of them sometimes. Anyway, I used to be big on boy bands... like any other teenager at one point or another.. but I had no knowledge of Blue.

we have quite a lot of music that doesn't make it across the pond I think.

I'd like to think that he did it for himself and no other reason. However, I am cynical of the News of the World and their tactics. They may have been going to out him anyway, and so he agreed to do the exclusive interview, in exchange for them not to print pictures or other details, or even just him doing it on his own terms (but with their publication of course). It is a common trick with them. However will never know. Either way I am happy for him and that he has come out in the media :) .

here is an article about it from a journalist, including this excerpt:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/11/notw-phone-hacking-private-investigators

Sometimes, this illegally obtained surveillance data is used by the tabloids indirectly. The "target" is told that the paper has loads of dirt that is undeniable, and is then offered a relatively soft option: spill the beans on what they've got up to in the past, and the paper will drop the current scandal. It's a form of blackmail, really, and it's very effective: everyone goes home a winner. One celebrity with a sugar-and-spice reputation recently managed to "negotiate" their way out of a drugs exposé by reworking the story as an interview in which they "revealed" their life-long struggle with addiction. Their reputation seems to have been unharmed in the process.

oh, and they were going to do it with Will Young as well after the first pop idol(?), and he jumped it and did it early too.

Edited by Smarties