adobe reader is killing me

Daisy

argh!

for my sisters new business I need to manipulate images or artwork sent to me by businesses. I am only doing this as a favour because the computer people (my sis and her friend are swamped as we launch today) and know nothing about computers - at least when it starts to get technical like this. pdf's have caused me trouble at uni as well. nothing new.

just damn, the companies send me their stuff in pdf form and I am supposed to manipulate them into how I want them and change some of their content because they are lazy like that.

but I can't adobe to do what I want. and then it keeps crashing too. this is my 2nd attempt, I gave up on the first one. this time all I need to do -- well, at first at least is to copy the 2nd page so I can use it as an image to be uploaded onto our website. The first page is upside down and Will go onto my clipboard (whereas the 2nd won't), however when I turn it around in Publisher (yes, I know, shit program but it's all I've got for now, they can do it better later) the quality decreases (why???). Anyway I need to snip the 1st page in half and cut out the middle then stitch it back together, maybe. Argh.

So yeah, I hate pdf's :(

The other one, I needed to alter some of the text, but it wouldn't let me. and of course the first page was upside down (they've both sent me what is essentially their leaflets).

I needed to vent at the very least. I bet the answer is simple. Just adobe is killing me :)

celia

Ok

I knew that it was simple things stopping me. I've sorted the first one I mentioned. I was being silly it was in the clipboard. and instead of cutting I've simply hidden the bit I don't want.

the 2nd I think is the silly businesses fault. headoffice sent me the thing, but the franchise wanted me to change something, which I don't think is possible in adobe. so I'll have to get them to do it themselves or send me a different version. simples :).

You need Adobe Acrobat Professional to edit text in a PDF. You cannot do this if the PDF is a graphic PDF (such as one created by scanning or in PhotoShop). If it is a graphic PFD you can use optical character recognition (OCR) to translate the image into text. This comes with some scanners or can be purchased otherwise.

Remember that you can open PDFs in PhotoShop to have more photomanipulation tools.