New Years Eve Traditions

Graeme

Done lots of things over the years. Tonight it's a mixture between a friends party and going out dancing.

I was in Marbella for 2001 and the restaurant supplied 12 grapes to be eaten on the chimes of the clock. The trick was to skin them so they went down faster :).

One of my close friends comes from Hong Kong, I once received a red letter envelope from her dad for their new year :).

Our family has a NYE tradition -- watching Dinner for One on the TV.

What's your New Years Eve tradition?

I've never seen this. But enjoyed it. It was fun. How did it become a tradition. There must be a story behind this.

Cooking and eating. Which had to include turnip greens and black eyed peas for prosperity. And Fireworks. Ours or the neighbors. Staying up no matter what. Watching the New Years shows on TV.

My family at large has never really had a tradition for New Years Eve. On New Years day we go to my Grandmas and have black eyed peas and cabbage. I guess you could say its become a tradition of the last four years for my mom and I to drink a toast at midnight, which we will have to push back to One am tonight since she has to work lol.

I've never seen this. But enjoyed it. It was fun. How did it become a tradition. There must be a story behind this.

Cooking and eating. Which had to include turnip greens and black eyed peas for prosperity. And Fireworks. Ours or the neighbors. Staying up no matter what. Watching the New Years shows on TV.

My family at large has never really had a tradition for New Years Eve. On New Years day we go to my Grandmas and have black eyed peas and cabbage. I guess you could say its become a tradition of the last four years for my mom and I to drink a toast at midnight, which we will have to push back to One am tonight since she has to work lol.

I thought for a minute there Sam that you were saying you liked the band. Then realised maybe it was some cultural thing when it got mentioned a second time :D.

Hope you had a good time.

celia