UK "pink list" 2010

what do you think, agree? anyone missed off? Just randomly found this while reading the Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/the-iiosi-pink-list-2010-2040472.html

1= (new entry) Gareth Thomas; Rugby player

The revelation of Thomas's homosexuality in an interview with the Daily Mail last December confirmed what had been an open secret in rugby union for years after his separation from his wife, but it highlighted the taboo over gay people in professional sport. Thomas, the 35-year-old former Wales and British & Irish Lions captain, won 103 international caps and played club rugby for Cardiff Blues and Toulouse. He said in his interview that he was unaware of any other gay player "still in the game". From living a lie, he has taken on the role of campaigner, working with Childline to reach out to young people facing the dilemma with which he struggled from the age of 17. The reaction in the macho world of rugby has been universally sympathetic although, earlier this summer, as Thomas was playing his second game of rugby league for south Wales side Crusaders, he was subjected to homophobic abuse from Castleford fans, for which the Yorkshire club was fined

Ditto! I don't recognize most of them either. But if I were a teenager and facing the obvious, it would sure be nice to see this list of other people from all walks of life that shared my situation. Bravo.

Goodness, just realised Mandelson is in the list.

-British politician - of sorts. Bit of a hate figure for quite a few groups.

Did not expect that at all.

-------------

Stephen Fry's been open about it for quite a while :). I watched this interview thing with him a few years ago about his life - was very interesting and touching. He's got a partner but he never appears in the media. He's also done a lot of work on opening up the world of manic depressives to the public.

Goodness, just realised Mandelson is in the list.

-British politician - of sorts. Bit of a hate figure for quite a few groups.

Did not expect that at all.

Mandelson sexuality and his partner's identity has been an open secret for years, His nickname is Mandy. But do not call him that to his face/ He was outed by mistake on news night about 5 years ago, and the anchor had to go around to Mandelson, and beg for forgiveness on his knees... :D

Mandelson sexuality and his partner's identity has been an open secret for years, His nickname is Mandy. But do not call him that to his face/ He was outed by mistake on news night about 5 years ago, and the anchor had to go around to Mandelson, and beg for forgiveness on his knees... :D

Paxman begging on his knees :D, that's amusing. If that's who you're referring to.

i didnt know most of the people on the list..... but Stephen Fry!!! i never knew he was gay!!!

He played Oscar Wilde; of course, being an actor, it's not necessarily a sure clue. He's got a great novel (partly autobiographical) called The Liar, which leaves little ambiguity. And the documentary he did about manic depressives that Smarties refers to is great. There's a very funny Carrie Fisher interview.