List of stories submitted for a prompt

Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie,

Hi,

Not really important, more a usability question.

I can see many prompts, and in some stories I found a note that it was published as response to one.

But is there a way to list all the stories that were submitted in response to a given prompt?

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution
37 minutes ago, lawfulneutralmage said:

Hi,

Not really important, more a usability question.

I can see many prompts, and in some stories I found a note that it was published as response to one.

But is there a way to list all the stories that were submitted in response to a given prompt?

You can search for stories that use 'prompt' as a tag, but there is no search function for specific prompts.  You can find some of them in the Prompt section of the Writer's Circle, but I admit to the current Prompt Team being lax in posting threads for specific prompts.  I'll see about getting caught up on that.  People will also post links to their stories on the prompt blog for that particular prompt, so you could always search for the prompt number and try to find it that way.  

https://gayauthors.org/forums/forum/328-peeks-prompts/

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

And what Valkyrie doesn't say is that since the prompts are left up for authors to use over time, many might not know to add them to the topics. We also can't categorize them like we do the anthologies which have a finite timeframe. Maybe @Valkyrie could add a "prompt" to the future prompt blogs for authors (now and maybe go back) to add the numbers of what prompt they used in their story descriptions/chapter titles or notes, etc.... to make it easier for readers who enjoy a specific prompt to search? It will still be up to them, but it might make it easier when readers do those searches too. 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cia said:

And what Valkyrie doesn't say is that since the prompts are left up for authors to use over time, many might not know to add them to the topics. We also can't categorize them like we do the anthologies which have a finite timeframe. Maybe @Valkyrie could add a "prompt" to the future prompt blogs for authors (now and maybe go back) to add the numbers of what prompt they used in their story descriptions/chapter titles or notes, etc.... to make it easier for readers who enjoy a specific prompt to search? It will still be up to them, but it might make it easier when readers do those searches too. 

Good idea!  I'll mention it to the team and ask that we all include that wording in future blogs.  

• Like 2