Polishing the shower...

AnytaSunday

Okay, I'm just curious at how many people polish the shower after they use it.

In our family, after every use of the shower we rid the walls of water and then polish them and the taps until they are shiny. We do this probably 2-3 times a day. In my mind this is pretty normal, but we've recently had guests that thought it odd.

What do you do? think?

:)

• Like 1

I agree with your guests. It is a little odd :P

I mean, it's just water right? and soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash...etc. They're all some sort of cleaning agent. How dirty can your shower get?

Once a week, good clean to get rid of any soap residues etc. It also gets a good airing at the same time, all windows open.

If youve got guests coming over, clean the day before & remove all the clutter.

Okay, I'm just curious at how many people polish the shower after they use it.

In our family, after every use of the shower we rid the walls of water and then polish them and the taps until they are shiny. We do this probably 2-3 times a day. In my mind this is pretty normal, but we've recently had guests that thought it odd.

What do you do? think?

:)

Wierd topic Anyta but what the hey I'll bite - Me - I never wipe the walls, use the squeegee, or polish the taps. The hubby does all of that and usually - because of our schedules - uses the shower after me. But my parents do all of that, so when I am there I have to do it - I usually get a hotel anyway so it is rare. So while I personally think it is OCD to do all that - you and your family are not alone, my parents and the husband and his family both do it - I am the lone hold out.

Andy

I would not use the word odd, that has negative connotations. I would use the word unusual - most people are not that diligent.

I have a clear glass wall in my shower and I squeegee it after ever use so it doesn't get that soap scum film all over it. It's a pain in the patoot! I should have chosen rippled glass of a curtain!

Even though you're being "persnickety" with your shower - it's clean! ...And that's WAY better than getting in a shower after someone like me, who leaves behind enough hair to make a toupee! (Eewww!!!!)

Edited by Tipdin

• Site Moderator

I don't polish the shower when I'm done, but what I do is rinse the shower down when I'm done. This gets rid of any hair on the walls and curtains and helps keep the soap scum from building up, thus making the shower easier to clean.

I clean the showers every day... I'm a clean freak as it is. I also like to relax in the shower or bath, can't really do that if you think it isn't as clean as you like to think. I have my own bathroom though..

So no, I don't think it's odd. Maybe once too much.. in your daily cleaning. If it gives your family peace of mind and it's not a bad inconvenience, I would say keep at it. Bathroom cleanliness is extremely important.