Law & Order, UK

Last night I was watching BBC America and chanced upon Law & Order, UK.

It is a derivative of the Dick Wolf's courtroom-procedural drama Law & Order that we're familiar with on NBC here in the states.

I found it fascinating- the crimes and the system are quite different but familiar.

Just wonder if there's a Law & Order Sydney, Law & Order Melbourne or Law & Order Auckland out there somewhere.

I wanna see Law & Order, SBVU

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses against cattle are considered especially heinous. In Kansas City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Bovine Victims Unit. These are their stories.

• 3 weeks later...

I've watched quite a few. It's pretty good, but having gone into a Law & Order (NY) binge a few months back, it's a bit of a spoiler since the plots are rigorously the same. I'll check the Bill. I did get an episode from this Brit TV site I'm on, but I wasn't enraptured with this first try.

Brit shows to check out: Jonathan Creek, "howdunit" mysteries: a magic technician figures out baffling mysteries, and mainly the tricks used to perform murders or thefts, clever and with a nice tone. Comedy relief from his magician employer and his female sidekick.

And Midsomer Murders: a rural county plagued with hidden family secrets and super devious murderers.

I've watched quite a few. It's pretty good, but having gone into a Law & Order (NY) binge a few months back, it's a bit of a spoiler since the plots are rigorously the same. I'll check the Bill. I did get an episode from this Brit TV site I'm on, but I wasn't enraptured with this first try.

Brit shows to check out: Jonathan Creek, "howdunit" mysteries: a magic technician figures out baffling mysteries, and mainly the tricks used to perform murders or thefts, clever and with a nice tone. Comedy relief from his magician employer and his female sidekick.

And Midsomer Murders: a rural county plagued with hidden family secrets and super devious murderers.

Oh yeah, the Midsumer Murders are the greatest. I have been following them as they hit DVD since the beginning. They have replaced my BBC Agatha Christie addiction. I can't get enough of the village scenes and the interior shots. Not bad mysteries either - the clues are all there - you just have to see them.