• Site Administrator

For those of you that are not aware, Nephy has been kind enough to provide a story for Premium Content to help us out here at GA.

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/story/nephylim/projectx

Project X:

Morgan Bentley is a bastard. Matthew hates him. Cory is Matthew's best friend but too close to see. When Cory gets an internship at Morgan's father's company things begin to get complicated and then they get dangerous.

Premium Content here is how Gay Authors stays open and available to everyone. It is only $0.25 per day.

Myr

• 2 months later...

Well my dear your forum is much to quiet - that is the purview of lessor authors such as myself - so to that end, I will post on your forum for this story.

Reviews are lovely but here I can expound a bit.

You have a wonderfully light but expressive writing style. I can't say it follows all the rule but WTF who cares, it's delightful all the same. That itself deserves one of these. :worship:

There is so much you say without saying it. :blink: Yeah that confuzzles me a bit but here it is made plainer. You are quite good at Showing us stuff without telling. Sometimes authors - and would be authors such as me - will take the easy way out and just tell us. In this work I think I learned more about the characters when you were showing not telling then when you told. Nicely done :)

SO while I won't go to chapter two just yet - am busy on a few things, I wanted to 'bump' this up to your forum top and say this is a lovely bit already and gives me something to look forward to reading :)

Andy

• Like 1

Well my dear your forum is much to quite - that is the purview of lessor authors such as myself - so to that end, I will post on your forum for this story.

Reviews are lovely but here I can expound a bit.

You have a wonderfully light but expressive writing style. I can't say it follows all the rule but WTF who cares, it's delightful all the same. That itself deserves one of these. :worship:

There is so much you say without saying it. :blink: Yeah that confuzzles me a bit but here it is made plainer. You are quite good at Showing us stuff without telling. Sometimes authors - and would be authors such as me - will take the easy way out and just tell us. In this work I think I learned more about the characters when you were showing not telling then when you told. Nicely done :)

SO while I won't go to chapter two just yet - am busy on a few things, I wanted to 'bump' this up to your forum top and say this is a lovely bit already and gives me something to look forward to reading :)

Andy

Andy!! I WONDERDED why no other entries were here!! Damn!

Since it appears that you have just started this story and I, on the other hand, have just finished (caught up with) it--let me tell you all you need to know w/out going through all of those reviews! jk

What a fantastic story-all twisty and turney!

ENJOY!!

• Like 1

WOW, Ummm... I don't know what to say. Obviously thank you has to be the first thing but after that...

You may put yourself down but i actually have a lot of respect for you as a writer. I got hooked with your first story and even more with your second, so it is particularly gratifying to hear good things from you.

I hate stories where they give 'lists' He was X tall and had X coloured hair and was X build and had X eyes. Because I hate it and it makes me cringe (which your srtories have never done thankfully, I try very hard to keep away from any of that kind of thing. In some of my stories... the short ones, there are no descriptions at all of what the characters look like. Even when there is description I like it to come from someone else rather than the main character describing themselves.

Of course then there is the matter of physical beauty. It is often said that there are too many beautiful characters around... why is everyone beautiful... well the answer is as far as my stories go... they are not.

No one has ever said that River is beautiful... except Silver because that's how he sees him.

No one has ever said that Haze is beatuiful... excapt Ace becuase that's the way they see him

No one has ever said that either Rowan or Astrin are beautiful... except each other

I think that the one you love is ALWAYS beautiful to you and so that's how I write them. In my mind a lot of my characters are quite ordinary but, through the eyes of the one they love they become beautiful

In this very story Cory is cute but not particularly good to look at. He's geeky and often overlooked.

Matthew is popular but there is nothing anywhere that says he is anything particularly special to look at.

Morgan has incredible presence and charisma and Matthew sees him as beautiful... the rest, as described see him as a gravy train. Ok well alright Morgan is hot but he doesn't have to be.

So... I lost the plot a bit which isn't unusual. I don't think you were ever saying anything about beautiful characters but that's the way my mind took me so go with eh :)

Thanks again hun. It's you and my other supporters who deserve the :worship:

Since it appears that you have just started this story and I, on the other hand, have just finished (caught up with) it--let me tell you all you need to know w/out going through all of those reviews! jk

ENJOY!!

Haha... you sneaked in while I was writing my rant. So here's a :worship: for you too. Without supporters like you I would probably still write because I can't help that but I don't think I would post so much or write to much for you.

WOW, Ummm... I don't know what to say. Obviously thank you has to be the first thing but after that...

You may put yourself down but i actually have a lot of respect for you as a writer. I got hooked with your first story and even more with your second, so it is particularly gratifying to hear good things from you.

I hate stories where they give 'lists' He was X tall and had X coloured hair and was X build and had X eyes. Because I hate it and it makes me cringe (which your srtories have never done thankfully, I try very hard to keep away from any of that kind of thing. In some of my stories... the short ones, there are no descriptions at all of what the characters look like. Even when there is description I like it to come from someone else rather than the main character describing themselves.

Of course then there is the matter of physical beauty. It is often said that there are too many beautiful characters around... why is everyone beautiful... well the answer is as far as my stories go... they are not.

No one has ever said that River is beautiful... except Silver because that's how he sees him.

No one has ever said that Haze is beatuiful... excapt Ace becuase that's the way they see him

No one has ever said that either Rowan or Astrin are beautiful... except each other

I think that the one you love is ALWAYS beautiful to you and so that's how I write them. In my mind a lot of my characters are quite ordinary but, through the eyes of the one they love they become beautiful

In this very story Cory is cute but not particularly good to look at. He's geeky and often overlooked.

Matthew is popular but there is nothing anywhere that says he is anything particularly special to look at.

Morgan has incredible presence and charisma and Matthew sees him as beautiful... the rest, as described see him as a gravy train. Ok well alright Morgan is hot but he doesn't have to be.

So... I lost the plot a bit which isn't unusual. I don't think you were ever saying anything about beautiful characters but that's the way my mind took me so go with eh :)

Haha... you sneaked in while I was writing my rant. So here's a :worship: for you too. Without supporters like you I would probably still write because I can't help that but I don't think I would post so much or write to much for you.

:wub::read:

ENJOY!!

Well then you and I will need to rock this joint and fill it up to let Nephy know we :worship: her and her work :P

You comments are well taken and yes that is the general idea for what I was talking about. I HATE the 'I'm 20 years old, x feet tall this kinda build with this kinda hair' The mark of a good writer is to let us figure it out through, dialogue, beats, etc. Not sure how many do it better than you.

But I've read a bit more but am too tired to actually go back and review them yet. Don't fret I shall, if only to get you to comment back :P

Andy

• Like 1

Will you ever let me forget that? It was ONE review AND I posted a thanks on your profile because the universe swallowed my resonse :P

:blink:

Not that this isn't a normal thing when I'm trying to do stuff on my lunch hour - but I am TOTALLY confused - let you forget what? I was just saying I like reading your comments to everyone's reviews as much as I like the reviews. No other hidden meaning.

HAHAHAHA maybe I'm the one who's holding on to that then. Ironic no?

Don't worry about it hun... just put it down to my insanity. (Yeah that IS my excuse for everything :P )

My normal excuse is I'm obvilous - sometimes I need someone - Mike usually - to whack me with a 2X4 to make me see what's in front of my face :P

This was another exciting chapter for me, Nephy. I want you to understand something that I can't seem to put aside-an idea. I accept that the story line so far seems to insure that at the end it will be Morgan and Matthew 'living the life' while using up the family inheritance. (Please! Stop jumping up and down!) I also have a way of seeing things that perhaps aren't readily noticeable-such as a possible rift in Matty's allegiance. Please consider the following dialogue: (and I quote)

Matthew: "...I want to. I really want to."

Professor Burridge: "Come on then. I'll take you..."

Matthew: "No. I want to do it here..."

Because of this little quirk, the story is all the more alluring-yes?

I just enjoy helping you, Nephy. I really do.Posted Image

Matthew has a torn alleigance. He and Cory have been together for a very long time. Cory is, of course totally in love with him but does he love him enough to let him go?

All I will say is that there is a shodown and the best man (for Matthew) wins

ch. 19

Soooo....it looks a whole lot better in the Morgan 'camp' right about now, doesn't it? I understand that he is not out of the woods yet, but NOW we appear to have reached a clearing. I loved the idea of Matty understanding that now a part of him is actually IN Morgan, and sustaining his life. This may not make them one-yet-but it can't hurt (no pun intended).

Professor Burridge scared the hay outta me when I thought that he had said "Goodbye, Morgan". I jumped!

I think that all three of these boys should get some sort of medal for holding up and on through such horrible circumstances. You WILL take care of that for us, Nephy-yes? Thanks.Posted Image

I can't seem to dig deep enough to find any sympathy yet for the 'old man'.Posted Image

Great story and a great chapter, Nephy! Thanks again.

yeah, Prof Bentley is one hell of a prick isn't he. To be slightly fair to him...and he really doesn't deserve it... he had absolute faith in his invention and didn't mean to hurt Morgan. I'm absolutely sure that he would never have done it if he had known what it was going to do to Morgan and he is really committed to getting him out of the shit.

I enjoyed seeing Matty let his hair down finally, because he's been WAY too hard on himself the whole time. His love for Morgan lit up the whole house for me when he told one of the boys "I'd know" in reference to Morgan not knowing whether or not Matt was at his side.:boy: Morgan DID know! He knew when Matty kissed him! SO sweet!

Nephy-you are breaking my heart with how you are dealing with Cory. I just hope that when this is all over with.....

Then we have Paul Bently. I must say that I am finally coming around to the point of feeling a bit sorry for him. Go figure.

Another wonderful chapter, Nephy! Thanks.

ps: "God bless Mommy and Daddy and Jimmy and Katy and Uncle Ralph and Cory-especially Cory, God. He's SO lonely all the time." (sniffle) Amen.

Edited by phana14

:( Did I really see "The End" at the bottom of (Kevin's?) review? Neeeeephy!:(

So! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would find myself over in Paul Bently's corner! Never! Yet here I am. It is really nice that he and Morgan had a reconciliation.

What did Morgan say to Cory at the fireplace, Nephy? It seemed to brighten Cory's world up so! If I sound lost it's because I am.:wacko: But now I'm just remembering a prayer for him, and maybe they DO get answered after all. :wub:

Thanks, Nephy.

Did anyone notice the symbolism...?

Christmas? Snow? Falling stars to follow? Barn? Wise men (okay only two)? Rebirth?

Only just now-sorry. :(

But I had someone else on my mind!:D Well-two of you, actually.

I think that what Morgan said was that he accepted what Cory felt for Matthew and that he was always going to look after Matthew and would never hurt him. Cory is a good enough friend to accept that... if he can't have him then at least he knows he's with someone who truly loves and will take care of him

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

'Morgan Bentley was a bastard. An utter, complete, A1, cut glass bastard. He was arrogant, selfish, cold, standoffish, cruel and completely heartless. His history was peppered with broken hearts and broken people, dragging in his wake and attesting to that simple fact. There was no doubt about it... he was a bastard.'

Ahhh, Morgan Bentley... everything I aspire to be in life, my hero!

Am absolutely loving this book. The characters are tightly drawn and the hint of malice early on in Morgan and in the story is riveting reading.

If you haven't read this, as Molly always says... 'do yourself a favour'.

Stephen.