Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Readership is the reward

When GA launched the new GA Stories system and started posting rankings and such along the right columns of the forum page, I was humorously dismayed that my favorite indicator wasn't on there. (The cynic in me will repress his views on why that is). Even back in the day when I was an e-fiction writer, the most important thing to me, the most important statistic of all, was the number of reads. I look at it this way. You can stack up your reviews if you want. I know if I asked you all to try and blow out the number of reviews on a story you would. I can publish 150 short stories and make the prolific list (but why?). But what really matters is whether or not people read what you write.

Before GA stories came out, hosted and promising authors couldn't track their reads. With the new system, we can, and I try to pay attention to that. That, combined with the excellent comments I get in my forum, help me make sure that what I'm writing maintains interest and resonates. And that's why I'm writing this post. In the "most read stories" section, Millennium is #2, Poor Man's Son is #6, St. Vincent is #11, and HMS Belvidera is #12. I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to read what I write.

GA Stories is still new, and the big heavyweight hasn't really published a new story on the system to eclipse us all, but I'm sure Dom will eventually do just that. Like most of the authors here, I would gladly yield the floor to our own handsome, young genius. Comsie is the same way....most of his stories are continuing, so don't have that huge number of reads they deserve. dkstories would be another. But in my world, and with what I'm looking at, you all made me feel very appreciated. Thank you very much!:wub:

When GA launched the new GA Stories system and started posting rankings and such along the right columns of the forum page, I was humorously dismayed that my favorite indicator wasn't on there. (The cynic in me will repress his views on why that is). Even back in the day when I was an e-fiction writer, the most important thing to me, the most important statistic of all, was the number of reads. I look at it this way. You can stack up your reviews if you want. I know if I asked you all to try and blow out the number of reviews on a story you would. I can publish 150 short stories and make the prolific list (but why?). But what really matters is whether or not people read what you write.

Before GA stories came out, hosted and promising authors couldn't track their reads. With the new system, we can, and I try to pay attention to that. That, combined with the excellent comments I get in my forum, help me make sure that what I'm writing maintains interest and resonates. And that's why I'm writing this post. In the "most read stories" section, Millennium is #2, Poor Man's Son is #6, St. Vincent is #11, and HMS Belvidera is #12. I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to read what I write.

GA Stories is still new, and the big heavyweight hasn't really published a new story on the system to eclipse us all, but I'm sure Dom will eventually do just that. Like most of the authors here, I would gladly yield the floor to our own handsome, young genius. Comsie is the same way....most of his stories are continuing, so don't have that huge number of reads they deserve. dkstories would be another. But in my world, and with what I'm looking at, you all made me feel very appreciated. Thank you very much!:wub:

Well I am certain PMS would be higher ranked if it had more chapters :P

I just want to say that reading one or two chapters each night after all my college course work and reading is finished has become a sort of reward I give myself. I have followed George Granger's career through his appointment to post captain and HMS Belvidera, and this has to be one of the best, if not THE best erotic series ever. I mean this sincerely. I think one of the reasons is because you have developed Granger's character so perfectly, and matured him into the kind of officer we all wish we had the chance to be. I actually LIKE him! In the same way I like Richard Bolitho in Kent's series.

I just want to say that reading one or two chapters each night after all my college course work and reading is finished has become a sort of reward I give myself. I have followed George Granger's career through his appointment to post captain and HMS Belvidera, and this has to be one of the best, if not THE best erotic series ever. I mean this sincerely. I think one of the reasons is because you have developed Granger's character so perfectly, and matured him into the kind of officer we all wish we had the chance to be. I actually LIKE him! In the same way I like Richard Bolitho in Kent's series.

Thanks! And it really makes me happy that you put your coursework first. biggrin.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..