Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bridgemont

I am currently reading and enjoying Mark's Bridgemont series.

Almost finished the second book..

What come to my "odd" mind is that there is rather a lot of detailed sex which again brings me to think what a randy lot of sods those seafarers were. Perhaps not actually gay but due to the lack of females they "put it where they could".

Never washing, they must have been riddled with disease and stunk to high heaven though this is not mentioned (so far)

Ugh, enough to put one off it for life..

However the story is good --- Thanks Mark.

I just got into reading this while waiting on PMS to update, but I find that this series is quite enjoyable and I hope Mark broadens it out to the same scope that he's given the CAP Series.

Thanks. That is my plan.

Thanks. That is my plan.

Just got into HMS, and WOW... I was wondering when you'd bring Travers back to the story. I like how you opened this book... Where do you get all this information to write this series? I'd never attempt to write something about the 1700's...

Just got into HMS, and WOW... I was wondering when you'd bring Travers back to the story. I like how you opened this book... Where do you get all this information to write this series? I'd never attempt to write something about the 1700's...

This era in history has been a passion of mine for years. I've read a lot of books about it. The toughest research bit was for "The Wardroom," and the siege of Toulon. Much was written on the siege from a military standpoint, because of Napoleon, but there wasn't much written on the naval aspect.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..