[Andrew_Q_Gordon] Pieces of Purpose

Okay so Purpose has sorta grown on me since I started talking about the idea last fall with John - Jian Sierra. As with most stories there is a background to the characters that is in the author's head - readers too I suppose [more on that in a moment]. Each Chapter will be a scene - two at most that fleshes out a bit of background. Not all of it will be alluded to in Purpose, but all of it will relate to and help the reader better understand Will/Gar. I might toss in a Ryan scene - not sure.

I got the idea for this from Dark - and Waylon Crossing. The Chronicles were a bunch of chapters that added depth and explained the characters a bit more. It was a great idea and really added to the feel for the characters by showing them in a light before they were in their current position. And Rather than use 'flashbacks', which are kinda sucky, they were kept from the main story. So I unabashedly borrow from Dark - with permission :P

Last - a twist. In discussing the idea with Anyta, she suggested a scene I didn't have in my mind - so I suggested she write it. Not that I expect much or even any, but if someone who's reading has some idea for a scene - they can either suggest it here - or even better write it and let me posted it here. I will of course acknowledge who ever is the author. Some limits on what I'll post -

1) It has to fit the story - so for instance - David can't die before the Purpose finds Will. Nor can he die on vacation. Stuff like that.

2) I get to Beta/Edit the story so that I can make sure it keeps with the characters and plot.

Since the Purpose has been kicking around for all eternity - the scene can be from any era or time - Just gotta be consistent with the concept and plot. Any questions ask here or in a PM.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

You are creating your own fan-fiction, Andy! :great: Oh, I like this very much. Good luck with the project!

Haha - well I would say being extremely hopeful to create a bit of Fan Fic - I can't say anyone will submit something, but I figured I'd give it a whirl and see. :)

Thanks again for the Companion idea - it's a great idea for something where the 'world' isn't one we live in or know well. :worship:

• Like 1

Hey Andy.

You and your 'girls' should join minds more often!

The little background aside about Will and David added tremendously to my enjoyment of this story.

I also have been curious (and still am) about David. How did he "get" into Will's life? Will says/thinks that he 'killed' David. Did he? Or is he speaking metaphorically re: David's death?

What a fantastic method to use! Even if we weren't speaking of using readers, and the author submitted the asides-WOW! But yeah, use all the help you can get! Yay!

I love it!

Thanks, Andy.

oh alright-hugs!

• Like 1

Hey Andy.

You and your 'girls' should join minds more often!

The little background aside about Will and David added tremendously to my enjoyment of this story.

I also have been curious (and still am) about David. How did he "get" into Will's life? Will says/thinks that he 'killed' David. Did he? Or is he speaking metaphorically re: David's death?

What a fantastic method to use! Even if we weren't speaking of using readers, and the author submitted the asides-WOW! But yeah, use all the help you can get! Yay!

I love it!

Thanks, Andy.

oh alright-hugs!

I saw that hug :P

David is likely to have at least one other 'chapter' but no promises at the moment - I have a couple other ideas first - like one on Ryan and another for Will/Gar.

As for David's death, that was interesting because I was re-reading I an did a pause - that wasn't how I wanted it to read. I might need to go back and tweak it.

Basically the ring is why David was Robbed and killed - they wanted the gold ring Will bought for David. So he is speaking metaphorically. If he hadn't bought the ring he thought David wouldn't have been robbed and would thus still be alive. Yeah not that clear but I don't think one has to explain everything in exacting detail - right?

Yeah I know go back and fix it. :mellow:

Thanks for the comments and yeah am about to post my first 'Fan Fic' entry.

Hopefully folks will like it.

Andy

:hug: back at you :D

• Like 1

LOL, Yeeehaaa, I get to be your first Fan Fic person thingy. LOL.

So, this is pre Gar/Will purpose and I wanted to try something with a comic book flair to it. I had fun with this! :D (I totally recommend Fan-Fic-ing, it's lots of fun.)

I would also like to do something on David too, but I have to get the idea better in my head for that. This one I had the idea for over breakfast (eerrrm, not because I was pouting over my own gut or anything... :whistle: LOL ) Anyway, then the idea formed more with the comic book idea when I did a little research on the late sixties which is when the scene is set. I mean, it was a golden era for comic books, so... :D

Thanks for posting it, Andy!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...