American Idol

Y_B

No surprise that Hollie was eliminated. Phillip sang much better this week. Jessica is a judge's favorite and of course so is Joshua.

Jennifer Lopez sang a song from her upcoming tour and it was glitzy with all the bare chested boy candy dancing around her, but the song was otherwise forgettable.

now as the line up narrows ... is it worth watching?? the show?

I think this is one of those shows that you get the most out of watching from the beginning so you get to know everyone a little better. That way it becomes less of a one-time talent show and more of a reality tv series, which I like better.

Here's my guess, next week it's gonna be Josh leaving, then Jessica with PP as the winner.

That's my call.

PP clearly has the most fans at this point and Jessica/Josh at a close 2nd and 3rd.

I missed it tonight.

It sucks Hollie is gone. I was rooting for her because her hometown is less than 10 miles north of me, so I probably would have gone to her organized parade/event/whatever.

Well Josh got sent home. I am surprised. I really thought Jessica would be the one to leave.

I agree. I now expect Phillip to win it all.

Posted Image ................ I agree also, I thought it was Jessica that would go home and it would be between Josh and Phillip. Personally I think Josh sang to many 'old' songs. I also expect Phillip to take the crown.

Edited by Benji

Well Josh got sent home. I am surprised. I really thought Jessica would be the one to leave.

Posted Image ................ I agree also, I thought it was Jessica that would go home and it would be between Josh and Phillip. Personally I think Josh sang to many 'old' songs. I also expect Phillip to take the crown.

Omg... i so agree with y'all.! Phillip is so winning this... but i still hope jessica would... I find Jessica more internationally appealing... idk... maybe it's because she's filipino like me... lol...

I think Phillip will win too. He has a large base of young girls, hopeful gays and older people who appreciate the eye candy. I don't think Jessica's base is as large, since she ended in the bottom group a couple of times. However, purely talentwise, I would have had to rank Josh first, Jessica second and Phillip third.

• Like 1

Some of my fav contestants of all time are Chris Daughtry, David Cook, David Archuleta, Blake Lewis and Scotty McCreery. I don't remember their seasons though.

Some of my fav contestants of all time are Chris Daughtry, David Cook, David Archuleta, Blake Lewis and Scotty McCreery. I don't remember their seasons though.

Scotty McCreery won last year and will perform on the final show this Wednesday, May 23. Rihanna also appears.

Posted Image

I think Phillip will win too. He has a large base of young girls, hopeful gays and older people who appreciate the eye candy. I don't think Jessica's base is as large, since she ended in the bottom group a couple of times. However, purely talentwise, I would have had to rank Josh first, Jessica second and Phillip third.

Super agreeing with your ranking as to talent! And yes, philipp does have a fan base which really does take the time to vote... i'm betting that's why Jessica got in the finals over JOshua.... i heard from my relatives in the states that both Latino and Asian communities are giving their full support to jessica... like they'd call people, their friends to vote for her... lol...

I really wanted to have a J vs J finals... just pure talent and nothing else... but hey... that's society for you... :)

Yeah, it's gonna be Phillip. He did pretty well tonight I thought, and even if he didn't, he most likely would win it anyways.

The songs written for both of them were shitty shitty shitty.

NPR's Morning Edition had a story today about the demise of American Idol. The End Of 'Idol': There Are No More Songs left To Be Sung

It seems American Idol is getting to be repetitive.

Since this season's first episode — the least-watched in the show's history — this year's Idol story has been the program's wilting status, a symptom of a larger loss of interest in the singing competition format.

If you listen to the broadcast story, you will hear the reporter's observation that the 'idol' is almost always a white guy with a guitar.

Well, there's another vote for Phillip.

The UK started with "Idol" but switched to X-Factor some years ago. X-Factor was tried in the US this year but didn't do as well as expected. However, the format does offer more variety: girls v boys v groups v old-farts (heheheh) PLUS team competition between the competing judges and their teams. Lots of scope for bitchy back-biting :) So, if American Idol is fading out, is the US version of X-Factor likely to replace Idol as happened in the UK?

Agreed with Bill, 'though you gotta have talent to get popular, but nevertheless, pure talent is never gonna give the extra umph needed to keep going forward.

I read that Seacrest's contract expires at the end of this season and he's not likely to get the same $ contract again. He's one of entertainment's biggest hosts today and if he leaves Idol as well, it's not gonna leave the show with much.

I read that Seacrest's contract expires at the end of this season and he's not likely to get the same $ contract again. He's one of entertainment's biggest hosts today and if he leaves Idol as well, it's not gonna leave the show with much.

He will be back next year. See article at his site.

It wasn't really a surprise, seeing he had such a large fan base. Congrats Phillip. Let's hope he does better than Taylor Hicks.

• Like 1