Open Club  ·  285 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Odyssey

Wait just a damn minute here.  Are you pointing out my short cummings to some stranger, Sir Tricky Ricky?

There isn't ANYTHING short about your cummings. You could drown a guy. And all I've EVER said was "Ouch, Watch the TEETH!"

But now that you can easily slip them back into the jar on the nightstand, I don't even have issues with you there.

So the ONLY thing short in YOUR regard is your temper, as long as you don't take wit into consideration. :P

There isn't ANYTHING short about your cummings. You could drown a guy. And all I've EVER said was "Ouch, Watch the TEETH!"

But now that you can easily slip them back into the jar on the nightstand, I don't even have issues with you there.

So the ONLY thing short in YOUR regard is your temper, as long as you don't take wit into consideration. :P

LOL, my teeth are still very well nestled into my head, not in a jar on the nightstand.  You are incorrect about my temper as well.  I don't get mad, I get even!!!!!!

My wit may be a little lacking, but you have to give me some credit for trying.

Oh and BTW the watch comment, I didn't respond to before because I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but I have to use the teeth to find that little thing.  You are talking about your nipple are you not?  

LOL, my teeth are still very well nestled into my head, not in a jar on the nightstand.  You are incorrect about my temper as well.  I don't get mad, I get even!!!!!!

My wit may be a little lacking, but you have to give me some credit for trying.

Oh and BTW the watch comment, I didn't respond to before because I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but I have to use the teeth to find that little thing.  You are talking about your nipple are you not?  

LOL, should I start screaming off topic now or wait until you bring up the tequila shots?

And as for my endowment, I'm not in the league of Jardines or Sommers but its enough to tickle YOUR tonsils. Besides, its not the magician but how he waves his wand. And for you youngster out there knocking the old folks, just remember, the best tunes are played on an old fiddle. (Just in case we were about to get comments from the peanut gallery.)

OH WAIT! That would be YOU wouldn't it Mr Jimmy Carter?

LOL, should I start screaming off topic now or wait until you bring up the tequila shots?

And as for my endowment, I'm not in the league of Jardines or Sommers but its enough to tickle YOUR tonsils. Besides, its not the magician but how he waves his wand. And for you youngster out there knocking the old folks, just remember, the best tunes are played on an old fiddle. (Just in case we were about to get comments from the peanut gallery.)

OH WAIT! That would be YOU wouldn't it Mr Jimmy Carter?

I am JIM CARTER.  I eat peanuts, but I have never grown one.  I certainly don't claim to have been the leader of the free world back in my younger days.   :boy:

I am JIM CARTER.  I eat peanuts, but I have never grown one.  I certainly don't claim to have been the leader of the free world back in my younger days.   :boy:

I thought it was well established that you liked nuts.  :P

lol, Score one for the Jimster! I can't deny the truth of your statement. . . for once.

ROTFLMAO

:hug:

Welllllllllll

SOME of us have to work ya know Jimmy. Sorry, I was in show from 6 AM until 9 PM. (never saw so many gay college students under one roof. I keep asking myself, where the hell were THEY 30 years ago. We sure didn't grow'em like that back then.

Jeeze guys.... get a room time or what?

Some people's kids! Whatda ya mean? We're still on topic. Weren't we talking about Granger havin' Geezer sex?

(pssst, hey Jimmy I think Westies having some ol' geezer fantasies of his own! We better go easy for a bit, you know them youngster can't last too long and obviously get worked up pretty easy.)

So Mark, Who's gonna fit Granger with a dress? And will it be Jardines giving him a shave?

SOME of us have to work ya know Jimmy. Sorry, I was in show from 6 AM until 9 PM. (never saw so many gay college students under one roof. I keep asking myself, where the hell were THEY 30 years ago. We sure didn't grow'em like that back then.

Back then they were all in the closet

Granger did the right thing and was anyone really suprised?  I have to admit the way he has handled the situation with Jardines and coming to terms with the past was masterfully written.  It rang just so true to form for what Granger has become. 

I have to admit, I am glad that Granger and Jardines ended up in bed together.  I have to wonder if Granger will ever end up on top with him?  Jardines does seem a total top kinda guy though. 

If Granger is going to get to Egypt in time to play any meaningful part in the Battle of the Nile, they are going to have to pick up their pace at some point.  Although, I do like how Granger dealt with the delay; it showed a great deal of patience and maturity. 

I have to wonder if even Granger can get Jardines banishment lifted completely.  I could see him maybe getting it modified so Jardines could end up somewhere more suitable to his taste.  Maybe Granger's grandfather could use some help???

I suspect Jardines will have to die saving Granger. He's an opium addict now so he's of no use to anyone anymore. Perhaps better that he should be put out of his suffering. I don't suppose there is a late 1700's methadone treatment center in the mountains of Egypt. 0.o

I have to wonder if even Granger can get Jardines banishment lifted completely.  I could see him maybe getting it modified so Jardines could end up somewhere more suitable to his taste.  Maybe Granger's grandfather could use some help???

I think that Granger will have to really ponder whether he wants Jardines' banishment to be lifted.  I think much of that will depend on what he finds when he returns to London.  If Arthur is happy and content with Holmquist, Granger would be reluctant to drag Jardines back and potentially foul up the mix, especially since, as you noted, Jardines seems to be a total top, and so does Holmquist.    But I can certainly see Granger arranging for Jardines to be posted elsewhere. 

I suspect Jardines will have to die saving Granger. He's an opium addict now so he's of no use to anyone anymore. Perhaps better that he should be put out of his suffering. I don't suppose there is a late 1700's methadone treatment center in the mountains of Egypt. 0.o

Jardines isn't an opium addict, at least not in modern terms.  I think it would be more appropriate to say he was an opium user, and the drug helped dull the emotional pain inside of him.  This is not unlike modern drug addicts, and like them, once the internal pain is removed or abated, so too should the drug use abate. 

The other thing to keep in mind is that opium, as Jardines was doing it, is considerably less potent and addictive than it's derivative: heroin.  I did  a bit of research on this (as I do with most of this stuff...good thing I like it) and found the overall effects to be considerably more manageable when smoking opium as opposed to shooting up heroin. 

Just a coincidence that Jardines-Matheson, the huge Anglo-Sino conglomerate, made its money originally from the Opium Trade.  Just thought it interesting that the company shared the first part of its name with Jardines the addict :)

• Like 1

I suspect Ricky is on to something as far as Jardines' continuing viability is concerned.  There weren't a ton (or any) of enlightened drug therapies to be found at the time and although I am sure Granger's forgiveness is a heady salve, I am unsure it can overcome a physical addiction to opium.

Or Mark Arbour will surprise us with some twist that will leaves us reeling  :P .

Edited by Miles Long

lol, Nah Miles, I still think that given the fact that it has been cited as a big concern to Granger that the Brits are going to barter with it in China and that it's cited as being addictive still puts Jardines in the useless division. I'm sure that your research (not sure if it was the research or the opium you enjoy Mark) showed that addiction by its very definition is never cured. It is a daily fight.

I am aware however that there is a vast difference between smoking it and shooting it and that it was not nearly as refined as heroin. But he spent days i the opium dens and often.  Let's also note that back them very little if anything else rivaled the high.

So it may not get him waking some day to see roots but he can't go back to London, ever. Too much of a possibility of the brotherhood being exposed by the lure of that which Jardines craves and can't resist.

Just my thoughts Mark.

But then again, they've not found out about free-basing rum like Richard Prior. ROTFLMAO

I think 4 plus days of no posting in this forum is a depressing silence. Especially when I glance over to 'The Darkside' and see a veritable festival of interaction. While I would take a chapter a day from you, you would spoil us. Then when the real world reared its ugly head (as it must eventually) the withdrawl pains (the whining) would start again. Slow and steady, if you please, thank you.

Well let the sun shine in then Chapter 51 is up and Granger is experiencing first hand how uncomfortable traveling in drag can be.  I must say (or write :P ) that if Mark hadn't painted Akbar as such a total vision of hotness, I would be way more nervous about George's journey.  Not to imply that I am on the knifes edge waiting for whatever desert calamity that awaits.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..