Good Weekend?

Hey guys, did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was pretty uneventful, just getting all geared up for Christmas, and I can't wait till it's all over tbh! It's not that I don't like xmas, just I'm getting a bit bored ith all the hype, and the fact it seems to begin earlier every year! (ok, now i sound like scrooge :sheep: , I'm not, honest!) I'm looking forward to it in a way, because it's my little boy's first Christmas, and hes getting spoilt rotten with presents 0:) . Aaaanyway, hope you all had a good few days off from work/school, tell me all the exciting things you got up to, it will brighten up my day! (Hey, I've got a 4 month old for company, humour me on this!)

Take Care All,

Julia xx

I'll respond with a choice excerpt form this weekend's blog entry:

My mother got back from Florida around 4 and we had to get ready for a party being thrown by some friends in New Jersey. We go and it's really crowded and noisy, and I immediately exile myself to talk to their daughters with whom I am friends and one of whom is in Georgetown right now and I haven't spoken with in ages. Anyway, downstairs in the room adjacent to that where the buffet is located and a crowd has accumulated for dinner, I notice a man on the floor. Nobody else seems to be reacting around me save for a few good semaritans courteously asking about the room "is there a doctor anywhere?" I continue to run into people I recognize who say things to me like "Hey! How are you? Just a second... is there a doctor here! Anyone?" The party was such that even the arrival of the ambulances did not interrupt the flow of things. I was upstairs with Georgetown girl when they got there and she jokingly mentioned, looking out the window, "Thank god, the police are here". I responded casually that they were probably here for the dying man in her living room. Only she seemed to react.

When I went back downstairs, the guys were attaching electrodes to his chest and two thoughtful guests had lifted up a tablecloth over the doorway to shield him from view. I thought perhaps that an electromagnetic field was making me hallucinate what was going on, because you'd have thought someone had dropped a wine glass. Thank God they revived him, and as they were wheeling him out on the gurney he waved meekly, queen elizabeth-style, good-bye to the guests. I think that was when most people noticed what happened and they forgot within the hour.