Archery

Solus Magus

I wonder how many archers are here in GA. I am a bit new to the sport but I think I could consider myself as above newbie. After months of training, I was finally accepted in my school's archery team and there were only 9 of is that got in...which started with 100+. I could consider myself lucky now. Haha. If there are other archers out here as well, maybe we can give and take tips. You know, you can always learn something new.

• Site Administrator

I have a bow, a rather nice one :P and I do hunt when I can. The last few years have been hard, with the tendonitis in my thumbs and wrists plus young kids both in school. Archery season usually starts the same week as school and someone has to stay in town with the kids. Guess who? Oh yeah :P me!

I'm pretty good, though I don't target shoot in competitions. I do have a set of robin hooded arrows, but that's most a fluke though I do a tight 20 yard group, if I do say so myself.We consider it a success if you can make a clean kill shot and that's always the goal when we practice.

My PSE is freaking deadly. We've been having nothing but trouble for the last year with my husband's bows from Martin though, to ridiculous extremes (we had a new alien z for 4 days before the limbs began to delaminate just 2 weeks ago, just 4 weeks before the start hunting season. BAD jujus!). We both have shot Hoyts before and my hubby had a custom made Black Widow recurve for a few years that he used to hunt too.

This last spring we got both of our children Genesis bows. They don't have a set draw length so they're really versatile. They're both too young to go through hunter's safety properly but in a few years they'll be inducted into the hunting experience too!