World Trade Center Officially Tallest Skyscraper In America

methodwriter85

Somehow I think there was more coming into play than the basic criteria.  Could it be a reward for the significance the new Freedom Tower represents or in the magical 1776 foot height?  I think Chicagoans are asking that question very often. 

There always been a lot of macho posturing going on with tall buildings (mine's bigger than yours! :P) and One World Trade Center's only snagged the title because the antenna has been included (the building - I assume intentionally - is the same roof height as the original WTC North Tower, 1368 ft). This is termed "vanity height" and the Chrysler Building is a good example from the 1920s where the spire was secretly constructed and raised at the very last moment to snaffle the record from a rival building that had just claimed the title :lol: So if needles count then Canada has held the title of America's tallest building [OK it's not an office block] since 1976 with Toronto's CN Tower, standing firmly erect and proud at 1,815 ft :funny: :funny:

240px-Toronto_-_ON_-_Toronto_Harbourfron

Edited by Zombie