J.K. Rowling to Work on Harry Potter Stage Play

naaa lets have radcliff reprise his roll in an equus fashion, lol

Rowling will be a co-producer on the show, along with veteran British theater producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender. The statement said Rowling will collaborate with a writer but will not write the script herself.

"Over the years I have received countless approaches about turning Harry Potter into a theatrical production, but Sonia and Colin's vision was the only one that really made sense to me, and which had the sensitivity, intensity and intimacy I thought appropriate for bringing Harry's story to the stage.," Rowling said.

Writer and director have yet to be chosen. No opening date has been set for the show, which will be developed in Britain next year.

Well - since the play is going to focus on Harry's life pre-Hogwarts, not sure Radcliff would be the right actor to play a 10 year old anymore  :-)  I am looking forward to this, although who knows how long it will be before I'd be able to see it.  Figure starts in West End, year later maybe on Broadway and then another two before any type of tour.  Unlike musicals, tours of plays don't tend to lend themselves to touring companies, but this may be the exception.  Of course, could finally be the push I need to get off my duff and travel to London.

The scenery should be simple enough, Dursley's kitchen, if they allow him to eat, possibly the living room and Harry's bedroom - the closet under the stairs.  A very limited cast, with basically the Dursleys and Harry, since they didn't allow him any visitors, unless the Dursleys had a few guests.  Not sure what this would focus on, except how Harry was mistreated. 

Harry's home life was always a boring read.. the only good parts were his drop-off, his escapes, the cat-lady squib and the attack on "Dudders." Rowling has a good imagination, but her pre-history of Harry wasn't all that colorful to begin with apart from the downfall of Voldemort and the death of his parents.