Vatican family review signals Catholic shift on gays

MarcW

• Site Administrator

Please remember before posting the rules regarding religion:

What should never be posted:

Offensive posts - Racist, homophobic ,anti-religious, or misogynistic posts (or other posts targeting protected minority groups) are completely prohibited. Slurs of any kind will NOT be tolerated.

Any institution that's around 2000 years old is slow to change. Add to the length of existence, the fact that the institution believes that it speaks for and acts of the behalf of the creator, then the word "slow", is a poor choice of words.

I do not blame the Creator, himself, for the wrongs of the church. No. For the Creator blessed us all with free will. It has been said that the rain falls on the just and unjust. The same is true with free will. We choose how we act. How we treat others. We, with our free will, decide whether to persecute those that are different than us. Free will can be a beautiful thing, but it can also be ghastly and obscene. The earthly Church is ran by men. Sometimes we have good, loving, and caring men in leadership and sometimes, we do not. Therefore, it's the unjust men that I blame for the wrongs committed by the Church.

Perhaps we should celebrate that the change is coming about in our lifetime and not have another generation feel rejected, abandonment, or killed for loving someone. That is what I choose to do, Celebrate.

• Like 2

I think that Pope Francis' guidance is taking the church a step in the right direction.  We must still remember though that we, or even the Pope, are not going to win over every heart.