Jump to content

Enoch

Author
  • Posts

    1,940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Enoch

  1. Enoch

    HUMOR

    The poem explores the difference between people who are naturally funny and those who try too hard to be. It contrasts effortless, authentic humor with forced attempts at being amusing, showing how real humor comes from honesty, observation, and ease, while performative humor feels strained. The poem suggests that genuine humor is something people carry without realizing it, and that laughter chooses its own messengers.
  2. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    Humor Some people carry humor the way others carry light — effortless, unaware, a quiet gravity that pulls laughter out of the room like a tide. They don’t try. They just are. A raised eyebrow, a sideways glance, a truth spoken too plainly — and suddenly everyone is smiling without knowing why. Then there are the others. The ones who chase humor like it’s a skittish cat that never wanted t
  3. A gripping, atmospheric opening Chapter 2 belongs to Yani. His obsessive focus, sleep‑deprived brilliance, and razor‑sharp pattern recognition make him magnetic on the page. Andrew’s reaction to Yani’s findings is a masterclass in controlled authority. His quiet, analytical demeanor contrasts beautifully with the chaos downstairs. The emergency briefing is one of the strongest scenes in the chapter. The tension is palpable. And Tanaka’s final decision — detaching Yani from the division and assigning him directly to Andrew with a 60‑day deadline [sec213–sec220] — is a perfect narrative pivot. The shift from cyber‑warfare to Andrew and Will’s home is seamless and emotionally rich. This contrast — global crisis vs. personal exhaustion — gives the chapter depth and humanity. Peter’s negotiation scene is an absolute delight. It’s hilarious, sharp, and perfectly timed. The humor never undercuts the seriousness of the chapter — it enhances it. This chapter proves that Carter’s Hand isn’t just good — it’s operating at a level of craft and confidence rarely seen in serialized fiction.
  4. Chosen Of Honorus is an excelent book of 5 books by our very own Andrew Q Gordon. However, you must purchase Premium Membership to access premium stories.
  5. The interplay between Andrew and Will Carter is both hilarious and deeply human. The opening scene — two exhausted new parents negotiating who will handle a 3:17 AM feeding — is written with perfect comedic timing and emotional authenticity Peter’s entrance is another highlight. His effortless competence with Jacob, his sarcastic charm, and the underlying emotional weight of his fiancé being deployed in Iraq give him depth beyond comic relief. The chapter transitions smoothly from baby bottles and freezing hallways to national economic crisis and political warfare. The shift never feels jarring — instead, it reinforces how Will’s personal life and professional responsibilities collide. The snap‑election reveal is executed brilliantly. The pacing tightens, the stakes skyrocket, and Will’s shock feels visceral. The dialogue is consistently sharp, funny, and emotionally resonant. Every character has a distinct voice — from Andrew’s dry baritone to Peter’s caffeinated sarcasm. Even the political staffers feel authentic and alive. The chapter feels like a prestige political drama — The West Wing meets House of Cards meets a deeply human family story.
  6. I have a question about earning points toward ranks. How does the point system work here on GA? Do certain actions carry more weight than others, or is it mainly based on reactions from other members?
  7. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    Thank you @ReaderPaul Your words mean a lot. I think you’re right — the answers don’t always match, but the act of searching shapes us. I’m grateful the poem spoke to you in that way.
  8. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, @VBlew. I wasn’t sure how this poem would land here, so hearing that it aligns with your beliefs really encourages me.
  9. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    By the way @Parker Owens your A to Z story is awesome!
  10. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, Parker. I tried to let the images carry the weight of the message, so hearing that they reminded you of favorite verses means more than you know.
  11. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    I know this may not be the most obvious website to share a poem like this, and I’m sure not everyone here will agree with my views. But that’s exactly why I felt it belonged — because sometimes the right words only need to reach one person who’s searching, struggling, or quietly listening. If even one reader finds a little light in it, then posting it here was worth it.
  12. This and the links are very thought provoking and explanations of where creative AI use is going. I just wish IM wouldn't go away. THANKS!
  13. I agree, I may very well have a bigger problem, but I wanted to ask before taking actions. Thanks @Myr as always you have been very helpful
  14. An AI child's pov
  15. @Myr So, it wouldn't be against GA's rules if I downloaded am app that prevents pop-up ads? I just want to stay within the rules and stop annoying pop-up ads (Pop-ups are defined as opening a new window).
  16. @Myr Are we getting pop-up ads now from this site?
  17. A spoken‑word reflection on searching for God’s truth in a world full of noise, ridicule, and doubt. Through symbols of storms, shattered mirrors, and a flickering lantern, the poem explores how society pushes you aside for believing — yet the quiet, persistent flame of faith refuses to die.
  18. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    “Echoes in the Storm” I walk through a world of noise, where truth is auctioned off to the highest shout. They call me names, throw labels like stones, and laugh when I say I’m still searching for God. But I keep walking. Lantern in hand, flame trembling, a single spark against the hurricane of disbelief. They say faith is foolish — I say it’s fire. And fire doesn’t ask permission to burn. I dig through the rubble
  19. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    You're very kind. I do believe that we all wear a mask at times.
  20. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    Thank you, sir.
  21. Enoch

    The Mask

    “The Mask” is a quiet, introspective poem about living behind a carefully constructed façade. The speaker presents a version of himself designed to keep peace and protect his vulnerability—a practiced face that hides the deeper weight he carries. Yet even behind that mask, he feels the pull of genuine connection—the longing to be seen fully, without shrinking or pretending. It’s about the tension between safety and authenticity, and the hope that real acceptance is possible.
  22. Enoch

    Chapter 1

    The Mask I walk the world with a practiced face, a version of myself that keeps the peace and keeps me safe. People see the surface — the humor, the insight, the calm — but not the weight I carry quietly. I learned to hide because honesty felt dangerous, and vulnerability never came free. But even behind the mask, I feels the pull of real connection — the kind that doesn’t demand
  23. Please sir, I want some more.
  24. Now if only we had a billionaire to foot the site's bills, then maybe we could trash the stupid ads.
  25. Jeff, I’m a modest writer who leans on kind hands. For two years you’ve tended Comicality’s memory like a careful gardener; he would be proud. If wishes grew on trees, I’d pick one and wish he’d stayed. I miss his stories and the light he brought as does many, many, others.
×
×
  • Create New...