2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Guilty To Not Guilty

Emi GS

Feeling Guilty for what you have done is natural and innocent... But not knowing how to over come with is pure pain and disappointment. I am in a confused stage that made My journey over 'Guilty to Not Guilty'.....

if you've done something wrong to another person then just apologize.

It's easy to do

Just like admitting to yourself you're gay :P

What gives us grief is dealing with all the internal stuff - the crap that screws us all up - to be able to do that...

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 2

if you've done something wrong to another person then just apologize.

It's easy to do

Just like admitting to yourself you're gay :P

What gives us grief is dealing with all the internal stuff - the crap that screws us all up - to be able to do that...

I had send an apology card. They said that my apology accepted but this guilty feeling won't go away.....

View it as added assurance you won't act the same way in the future?

I can't get it out of my mind. But, I'll definitely try to do as you said. Thank you Cia Mam...

To forgive yourself is the tricky part. As Cia said, to be sure to never do it again is always a good start.

Yeah, its tricky than realization. And thank you for your suggestion...

Guilt is something I've lived with over my entire life, and I understand how damaging it can be to one's psyche. If you're someone like me, an eternal pessimist, it can be downright damning. The trick is to realize that the present is the only thing that you can control, and that whatever happened in the past can serve as nothing more than a lesson to be learned, as you can never change it.

Coincidentally, I just shared a line from one of my favorite movies, "Hector and the Search for Happiness". The line is, "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be". See, the main character of the movie is filled with thoughts of "what if I had done things differently?" and he ends up meeting with someone from his past who essentially tells him that his idea of the past is irrelevant, because the present isn't the past and it never will be.

You can't change it, so it's better to hold onto those memories of past wrongs in a way that will help you avoid those mistakes in the future, but not in a way that keeps you rooted on where you went wrong. Life is going to move on, with or without you, and it's better to go along with it. :)

Best of luck to you, and I hope you can overcome. Many of us go through moments like this, but they're definitely survivable.

• Like 3

Guilt is something I've lived with over my entire life, and I understand how damaging it can be to one's psyche. If you're someone like me, an eternal pessimist, it can be downright damning. The trick is to realize that the present is the only thing that you can control, and that whatever happened in the past can serve as nothing more than a lesson to be learned, as you can never change it.

Coincidentally, I just shared a line from one of my favorite movies, "Hector and the Search for Happiness". The line is, "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be". See, the main character of the movie is filled with thoughts of "what if I had done things differently?" and he ends up meeting with someone from his past who essentially tells him that his idea of the past is irrelevant, because the present isn't the past and it never will be.

You can't change it, so it's better to hold onto those memories of past wrongs in a way that will help you avoid those mistakes in the future, but not in a way that keeps you rooted on where you went wrong. Life is going to move on, with or without you, and it's better to go along with it. :)

Best of luck to you, and I hope you can overcome. Many of us go through moments like this, but they're definitely survivable.

Its the best thing someone had said to me ever... Thanks for that... I'l try to over come it. But what can I do if I have the face the person??? I can't stand and look into their eyes questioning me....

• Like 1

Its the best thing someone had said to me ever... Thanks for that... I'l try to over come it. But what can I do if I have the face the person??? I can't stand and look into their eyes questioning me....

You look them in the eyes, you apologize for what's happened, and then you move forward, taking it one step at a time. You can't expect to overcome it over night. One does not climb a mountain in a single step, one does it by constantly pushing forward and up. :)

Oh, and drink lots of water. lol. 

• Like 2

"See you any here that condemn you? No? Then neither do I condemn you. Go in peace and sin no more. Your faith has saved you."

• Like 1

everyone is guilty of something...

Guilty of masturbation?  That's arguable.

Feeling Guilty for what you have done is natural and innocent... But not knowing how to over come with is pure pain and disappointment. I am in a confused stage that made My journey over 'Guilty to Not Guilty'.....

Then there is that journey from ignorance to enlightened....

• Like 1