2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

The Star Trek Syndrome

Riley Jericho

Because the conversation was treading on the "no-politics" line, hence Zombie's response below:

the Blogs are the only place where politics or issues related to it can be discussed :)

except being a blog, it can't be discussed, which is the irony and my eternal amusement.

Given that it's not a government/illuminati/whatever conspiracy or in any way an invention designed to control voters one way or the other, I'm at a loss to see how advocating or refuting absurd claims that it doesn't exist border on political... But okay.

Given that it's not a government/illuminati/whatever conspiracy or in any way an invention designed to control voters one way or the other, I'm at a loss to see how advocating or refuting absurd claims that it doesn't exist border on political... But okay.

It's the underlying economics that push the topic into the political arena.

There are countries like India and China that will sign any environmental treaty you put in front of them and not do anything to reduce their output. These two countries emissions don't just outdistance US, they are emitting stuff so nasty that we swore off of it in the seventies.

Just be sure to put the blame where it belongs.