2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Search History Woes

Cynus

I have an ongoing discussion with an author buddy of mine about the strangest things we've researched for stories. Right now my two favorites of my own are "Russian mafia tattoos" which I searched at work and ended up with a bunch of Russian guys in their underwear... and "Pygmy maturation rate". I'll leave that one to your own imagination.

What are some of the strangest things you've researched, either for writing or something else?

12193706_10153619753751291_1775301581810

• Like 3

Those are interesting Cynus. My searches are usually the dictionary and thesaurus. I did look something up for someone though, pin curls of all things. But your examples are interesting... 

• Like 1

I'm sure that the searches I ran while writing In the Shadow of the Dragon got me written up.

>>AGM-88 harm performance envelope

>>AGM-84c harpoon flight characteristics

>>shaped charge warheads

>>weaponized yersina pestis

>>BL-4 specifications

Yeah... there's probably a black helicopter orbiting my house.

• Like 2

Nice topic Cynus...

I haven't searched anything for my Story Suicide Note. But I was searching a lot to know about Japanese Ancient Cultures and Issues related to their Rituals and all.

~I searched about Shinto, Japanese Ancient Culture.

~Japanese Moon God

~Curses and Cures

~Rituals and Traditions...

And some of these for my New Story Curse of a Blood Moon...

May be it will come as a Halloween Gift for You All...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS

ENJOY WELL

• Like 1

I'm sure that the searches I ran while writing In the Shadow of the Dragon got me written up.

>>AGM-88 harm performance envelope

>>AGM-84c harpoon flight characteristics

>>shaped charge warheads

>>weaponized yersina pestis

>>BL-4 specifications

Yeah... there's probably a black helicopter orbiting my house.

I'm sure, haha!

I have searched for some things like the layouts to certain buildings, and whether or not certain things were particularly flammable.

Had to find out which melted first, stone or Iron. That was fascinating for a lot of reasons, but probably didn't draw any attention to me.

I'm sure the most attention I've received would have been when I was researching what would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Seattle, because it was important to a post apocalyptic scenario I was working on.

Nice topic Cynus...

I haven't searched anything for my Story Suicide Note. But I was searching a lot to know about Japanese Ancient Cultures and Issues related to their Rituals and all.

~I searched about Shinto, Japanese Ancient Culture.

~Japanese Moon God

~Curses and Cures

~Rituals and Traditions...

And some of these for my New Story Curse of a Blood Moon...

May be it will come as a Halloween Gift for You All...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS

ENJOY WELL

I'v researched a lot of Japanese culture, and I find it mesmerizing. Actually, I've been doing a great deal of it recently as well, because of the current story i'm working on.

I'v researched a lot of Japanese culture, and I find it mesmerizing. Actually, I've been doing a great deal of it recently as well, because of the current story i'm working on.

Me too... I'll be posting the 1st chapter soon, May be tomorrow... sorry today(its already past 12pm)... :lol:

Me too... I'll be posting the 1st chapter soon, May be tomorrow... sorry today(its already past 12pm)... :lol:

Hah, I don't worry too much about what day it is. Soon would have sufficed.

So, I have a new one from today. I needed to know if Russians designed their bathrooms any differently from how they do here in the US, and so I typed in, "Russian Shower". A) Apparently in the Urban dictionary it means to cover oneself in cheap perfume, and B) The image search includes, er . . . Russians taking showers. So yeah, I recommend staying away from that one unless that's what you're going for.

• dtm (don't tell mom) ~ Gay Bar in Helsinki

Pihlajasaari Beach ~ nude beach near Helsinki that has a Gay area

Lahti cross-country ski course

drone jamming

Nordic Biathelon

• Like 1