Quote Of The Moment

Sometimes you just come upon a quote from  reading something random, an email, a blog, a news article, an actual book, or your GA favorite stories.

I'll start with one that just caught my eye, while Einstein was straight it makes relativity easy to understand for me if I were sitting next to a cute boy:

“When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it’s only a minute, but when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it’s two hours. That’s relativity.” —Anecdotally attributed to Albert Einstein The New York Times, March 15, 1929

• Like 2

"Live in the now"

I've been recently meditating and listening to certain podcasts about the pitfalls of being "too forward thinking". The quote above stood out to me tremendously. I'm learning to appreciate the moments that I am in instead of looking towards the next one

"Live in the mystery."

Despite my proficiency at predictive analysis and anticipating needs/wants, I just need to let life happen. Things are going to happen the way they are supposed to happen whether it takes 1 day or years or not at all. It's quite pleasant to be surprised.

"Love without expectations"

I recognize that I'm different and I typically care more than the receiving party regardless of the type of relationship (friend / family/ work / boyfriend). It can be a very discouraging way to live sometimes when you hope that people reciprocate your treatment of them. Recently, I have found that I am such a happier person when I just be myself and genuinely care about others without pretext. It's just a more rewarding way to live my life, and I think somehow the universe will reward me 10-fold when I do that. For those that fail to appreciate that type of kindness, then they probably are people that you don't need in your life.

Granted I am still at the baby phases of the embodying the 3 quotes from above...but I think of them now every day...hopefully to make me a better person in the long run

(Rant Over...I just thought I'd share some of the insights I have learned about myself in the past month)

Edited by C B
  • Like 2

Let me share another one:

henryford121997.jpg

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. Henry Ford

Edited by W_L