Cynus

Inspirational Quotes

I forgot one:

I was sad because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

• Like 3

My second quote:

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

George Eliot

• Like 1

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”    Albert Einstein

• Like 2

"It's not the score that should determine how you play. It's how you play that should determine the score." (Okay, so I'm a coach. Sue me)

and

"God never told anyone he had to be stupid."

• Like 2

"In the real world when you turn the other cheek, you get both sides of your ass kicked."

-CJ

• Like 2

Capture-your-heart-600x362.png

Edited by Menace
  • Like 1

"No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood." - Despair.com

Edited by Cynus
  • Like 1

Oscar Wilde keeps popping up and of course he was a master of quotations. Here are two that I really like.

"I can resist anything except temptation."

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."

Maybe not inspirational but very memorable.

• Like 5

"One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world."

-Malala Yousafzai

This is such a powerful quote for me, especially when I look back at all the teachers I have had :)

• Like 2

I think people need some inspirational Quotes this week, so let's start:

Here's some from noted author and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel, who passed away this year in July 2 2016:

"For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile."

"Hope is like peace. It is not a gift from God. It is a gift only we can give one another."

• Like 2

"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

• Like 3

If you're going through hell keep going.

• Like 1

“Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes. But it seems that the more you try to fit in, the more you feel like an outsider, watching the “normal people” as they go about their automatic existences. For every time you say club passwords like “Have a nice day” and “Weather’s awful today, eh?”, you yearn inside to say forbidden things like “Tell me something that makes you cry” or “What do you think deja vu is for?”. Face it, you even want to talk to that girl in the elevator. But what if that girl in the elevator (and the balding man who walks past your cubicle at work) are thinking the same thing? Who knows what you might learn from taking a chance on conversation with a stranger? Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others…”

― Timothy Leary

• Like 1

For some reason, I started thinking about Naruto today:

"The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives but how he dies. its not what they do in life but what they did before dying that proves their worth"- Jiraiya

Do unto others...

"I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

Etienne de Grellet
Quaker Missionary

sandrewn

(words to live by)

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 1

The best thing to give to your

enemy is forgiveness; to an

opponent, tolerance; to a

friend, your heart; to your

child, a good example; to a

father, deference; to your

mother, conduct that will make

her proud of you; to yourself,

respect; to all men, charity.

Benjamin Franklin
Politician, Writer, Scientist

sandrewn

(timeless)

Edited by sandrewn

Believe you can

and you're

halfway there.

Theodore Roosevelt

sandrewn

LEARN

FROM YESTERDAY,

LIVE

FOR TODAY,

HOPE

FOR TOMORROW.

------

THE IMPORTANT THING IS

NOT TO STOP QUESTIONING.

Albert Einstein

sandrewn

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 1

"For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Like 2

"To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music that words make."

Truman Capote

• Like 1

20160714_thursday_quote.jpg?1467846723

sandrewn

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Rock bottom became the

solid foundation on which I

rebuilt my life."

---J.K. Rowling

I wonder if digital cameras/phones will have the next generation scratching their heads with this one?

647b70ef482989ee7ed7e7742ec22553.jpg

sandrewn

(caught in between)

• Like 2

35bd6e7afea9780529f1f727e3740271.jpg

sandrewn

(step by step)

• Like 1