2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Wild Animals

sat8997

Just a random bit of nonsense basically because its beautiful outside today and I'm stuck at work and seriously bored.

It seems that a small (about 4 inches) lizard or salamander (are they the same thing?) has managed to invade my office. I don't really feel like trying to catch it, its not hurting anything (not to mention its quick on its feet). But now I'll spend the rest of the afternoon in a mild state of paranoia that the damn thing will run across my toes. Yuck :blink:

Glad I could share..... :D

Sharon

lizard or salamander (are they the same thing?)

No, they are different. One chews on human toes, but the other doesn't.

Also, lizards are reptiles and salamanders are amphibians.

No, they are different. One chews on human toes, but the other doesn't.

Also, lizards are reptiles and salamanders are amphibians.

Meaning it's a lizard most likely, as Salamanders are more common in wet environments (rain forest).

Reminds me of the time I got bit on the toe by a lizard...

It's a somewhat dark green with some stripes and its skin looks shiney (sort of iridescent). It has taken up residence behind a bookcase and as long as it stays on its side of the office, therefore away from my feet, it's welcome to visit for a while.

And if lizards are the ones that bite, I'd prefer to believe its a salamander. There is a large pond about 50 feet from my office building so I'll consider that wetlands.

Sharon

Edited by sat8997

hmmmm, perhaps it's a car insurance saleman! I would recommend a cat. :devil:

Well thank you very much, Bill. Aren't you just a fount of information. :D I'll be sure to let you know if it starts trying to sell me additional insurance. As for the cat, I don't think the ridiculously large geese in the pond would like that. Or the two really cute pit bull puppies that visit the office next door. I'm not too sure how I'll feel about those puppies when they get bigger. I'm hoping they remember I'm nice to them so they don't bite my knees off. :(

Sharon

Well thank you very much, Bill. Aren't you just a fount of information. :D I'll be sure to let you know if it starts trying to sell me additional insurance. As for the cat, I don't think the ridiculously large geese in the pond would like that. Or the two really cute pit bull puppies that visit the office next door. I'm not too sure how I'll feel about those puppies when they get bigger. I'm hoping they remember I'm nice to them so they don't bite my knees off. :(

Sharon

hmm....maybe you could introduce the puppies to the salamander/lizard thingie. Suggest a play date perhaps??? :devil: Knee biters vs. possible toe cruncher!!! Good luck! :D

- Kaiten

Lizards are kinda cool.....the only way I'd get a cat was if it was a rat or a mouse......I'm freaked out whenever I see one. Otherwise, just leave it alone....maybe buy him some food(whatever lizards eat) and put some water out for him.

I "lizard-sat" once for a professor who had 2 gecko's, 2 aligator lizards, and some other type of lizard I can't remeber. But some ate melee (sp?) worms and others ate crickets! :lmao: Now imagine pulling out these little gross white worms and putting them in food dishes!!! :blink: ewww!!! lol but the aligator lizards were cool. I really liked them...they kind of reminded me of Golum from lord of the rings. :)

Sooo....I really don't know the point here except to say I think lizards eat some funky type of worm or crickets. :P lol I'll take the cat eating the lizard over touching more of those funky worms!!! :lmao:

Take care all!

- Kaiten :D

I used to have lizards, the were Anoles, and they ate both meal worms and crickets. If the meal worms were not eaten after a little while, they would (dang it whats the word!) 'molt' into beatles.

I know have a Tarantula, his name is Harry. :D He eats crickets and pinkie mice (baby mice, they have no hair, and they are pink).

Reptiles and spiders are the coolest. :D

Kurt

I used to have lizards, the were Anoles, and they ate both meal worms and crickets. If the meal worms were not eaten after a little while, they would (dang it whats the word!) 'molt' into beatles.

I know have a Tarantula, his name is Harry. :D He eats crickets and pinkie mice (baby mice, they have no hair, and they are pink).

Reptiles and spiders are the coolest. :D

Kurt

When I was in college, the dorms wouldn't let us have a snake, but they let us have a tarantula. Actually, the tarantula belonged to the suite, and her name was Fuzzy. Whoever moved in the next year had to take care of her. Woe be to the set who let her die ... Thank god it wan't me. The best thing about that sweet was that it was the only dorm room that could be seen from the dean's office :P ... had a lot of fun with that one.

:king: Snow Dog

Well I haven't seen my slithery friend today and I made a point to open the outer door frequently yesterday (okay so I was smoking alot), so maybe 'Elvis has left the building'. :D

Sharon

Lucky you get to see my introductory post :D

A jingjok is a 4-inch lizard from Thailand, more likely to be found on a ceiling than a floor (how do they do that???)

Speaking for myself, I probably wouldn't be interested in nibbling on the toes of a pretty young woman. Now, the cute guy next door ... :devil:

Speaking for myself, I probably wouldn't be interested in nibbling on the toes of a pretty young woman. Now, the cute guy next door ... :devil:

I'm already liking you a whole lot, even if you don't want to nibble on my toes. :wub:

Sharon