Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Looking For A Story (Can't Remember The Title)

Hamen Cheese

Hi folks. Haven't been here for awhile. I think it's been three or more years already. I've been away from reading (and writing) gay fiction for just as long. But I'd like some help looking for an old story if you guys can help out.

I don't remember the title. But I do remember a little bit of the ending. The male protagonist (teen I think) had a younger brother who fell out from a tree. He got injured and it was discovered when he was brought to the hospital that he had a sickness that would eventually take his life. The younger brother asked his older brother to be there when he would die because he didn't want to be alone and the older brother promised to do so. But the adults in the story didn't let him fulfill that wish. The younger brother was a favorite of the father and sort of blamed the older brother for the younger brother's death.

I'm not sure if that's enough to go on. I don't even really know why I want to re-read the story. But, I'm going through a really tough time right now and for whatever reason, a memory of this story came back to me. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 4

• Site Administrator

Sorry you're going through a tough time, but it's nice to see you here.  I really like your writing. :)  The story you're looking for sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't think of a title either.  Hopefully someone else will be more helpful.  :)

Just Hit Send by Grasshopper. It's at iomfats.org. A truly great story, as is everything by Grasshopper.

• Like 5

Hi folks. Haven't been here for awhile. I think it's been three or more years already. I've been away from reading (and writing) gay fiction for just as long. But I'd like some help looking for an old story if you guys can help out.

I don't remember the title. But I do remember a little bit of the ending. The male protagonist (teen I think) had a younger brother who fell out from a tree. He got injured and it was discovered when he was brought to the hospital that he had a sickness that would eventually take his life. The younger brother asked his older brother to be there when he would die because he didn't want to be alone and the older brother promised to do so. But the adults in the story didn't let him fulfill that wish. The younger brother was a favorite of the father and sort of blamed the older brother for the younger brother's death.

I'm not sure if that's enough to go on. I don't even really know why I want to re-read the story. But, I'm going through a really tough time right now and for whatever reason, a memory of this story came back to me. Any help would be appreciated.

It's always so good to see you here. I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. I am a big fan yours. I had read all your stories here and look forward for new one if you are planning to write something. And remember that we all are with you no matter what. You can drop by anytime and share whatever you want to.

And please don't read the story you asked now while you are still feeling low. Hope to see you here often.

Just Hit Send by Grasshopper. It's at iomfats.org. A truly great story, as is everything by Grasshopper.

Thank you. I had forgotten that it was linked to that story. It's different parts of the story that I remembered.

It's always so good to see you here. I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. I am a big fan yours. I had read all your stories here and look forward for new one if you are planning to write something. And remember that we all are with you no matter what. You can drop by anytime and share whatever you want to.

And please don't read the story you asked now while you are still feeling low. Hope to see you here often.

I think that would actually be a good idea. Thanks.