[NickolasJames8] Obligation to Myself

***Warning Possible Spoilers Ahead. Read the Story First***

First of all I have to say I was really impressed with the way Nick was able to effectively take on the perspective of a straight guy. It was really enjoyable watching Trevor gradually come to the conclusion that Jeremy was okay and a cool guy. It felt a lot like I was reading about the gradual acceptance of a straight guy. I must say I was also really pleased with the relationship between Trevor and Micah. It felt really sweet and romantic. Micah also seemed like such a cool person!

I did feel a little frustrated with Trevor's father, but I was so proud of his mother at the end! I also felt optimistic about how his father woud handle the latest situation, especially since this time Trevor didn't get suspended. The assistant principle was so annoying and I was really pleased when Trevor went over his head to the principle. It was a horrible injustice to punish the victim along with the perpetrator.

It got me thinking about how often this really happens at schools. I mean are victims often punished along with their persecutors because they too were

Edited by AFriendlyFace

A morality tale for the here and now. Neat!

It was a clever angle to work from the perspective of a straight 'jock', but it paid off admirably and was really well written too.

If I have one criticism it would be that there was a hint of proselytizing creeping in towards the end .... But then that's what the 'Day of Silence' is all about, so why not.

A good story that should be read by a large audience.

Camy B)

-Edited because I can't damn well spell! Bah. ;)

Edited by Camy

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Ok, you guys really know how to make me feel good. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments. I wish I knew what proselytizing meant (gets out the dictionary and can't find the word..lol ) but I'm just happy that you guys liked it so much :wub: Thanks guys

I was bowled over by this story! :2thumbs:

Nick, this was awesome! Others have said, better than I could, many of the reasons why, so I'll just add

one thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet: You didn't show the father's reaction. I loved that you didn't! It left me wondering, and also avoided the regular "everybody is totally happy" ending, and instead made it about doing the right thing even when there are adverse consequences.

GREAT work Nick... :great::great::great::great::great: