Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

LGBTQ Anthems

Former Member

As many times as I heard this song when it was still pretty new and playing ALL the time...I didn't really 'get it' until I was struggling to tell my best friend (Who I had been in LOVE with since high school) that I was gay. And I chickened out on multiple occasions, and then...one day, this song came on the radio, and it turned me into a total blubbering mess! LOL! All of a sudden, EVERY single lyric of this song made total sense, it touched me so deeply by saying what I wish I could say, and it's definitely my personal gay anthem. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Comicality said:

As many times as I heard this song when it was still pretty new and playing ALL the time...I didn't really 'get it' until I was struggling to tell my best friend (Who I had been in LOVE with since high school) that I was gay. And I chickened out on multiple occasions, and then...one day, this song came on the radio, and it turned me into a total blubbering mess! LOL! All of a sudden, EVERY single lyric of this song made total sense, it touched me so deeply by saying what I wish I could say, and it's definitely my personal gay anthem. :)

Me too, Comsie. :) :heart: It makes so much more sense here than with Nicolas Cage being the homeliest angel I've ever seen. :P

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Hopelessly Devoted to You," by Olivia Newton-John.

"Do That to Me One More Time," by Captain & Tennille. 

"Woman in Love," by Barbra Streisand.

"Express Yourself," by Madonna.

"All the Man That I Need," by Whitney Houston.

"Dreamlover," by Mariah Carey.

"Can't Fight the Moonlight," by LeAnn Rimes.

"Stronger," by Britney Spears.

I could go on and on...

• Love 1

@bensau5966. I had intended to welcome you earlier, but got distracted and forgot! If you keep up today’s pace on future visits, you won’t be a Newbie for long! I’m not a writer, but I know they appreciate all the Likes and Comments we readers give them. Don’t be a stranger.  ;–)

Thank you for the lovely welcome! I appreciate both the kindness and attentiveness that you're showing to me! What a nice gesture from you!

Regarding the question, I may also add that anything  by gay icons Judy Garland and her daughter, Liza Minnelli; Barbra Streisand; Cher; Diana Ross; Aretha Franklin; Dionne Warwick; Donna Summer; Madonna; Janet Jackson; Whitney Houston; Kylie Minogue; Mariah Carey; Céline Dion; k.d. lang; Toni Braxton; Gloria Estefan; Thalía; Paulina Rubio; Alejandra Guzmán; Britney Spears; Christina Aguilera; Jennifer Lopez; Jessica Simpson; Mandy Moore; Beyoncé; Miley Cyrus; Taylor Swift; Selena Gomez;  Lady Gaga; Katy Perry; Ariana Grande is ideal!

Edited by Solivagant
  • Like 1
  • Love 1