Mother gives birth to her gay son's baby girl

I think even more amazing than the medical technology that made this possible is the location where it happened! Omaha, Nebraska isn’t known for much other than Mutual of Omaha* and Berkshire Hathaway/Warren Buffett. It’s certainly not known as a center of cultural inclusiveness when compared with coastal metropolitan areas.

Mannheim Steamroller was founded in Omaha. Christmas was never the same again. (Full disclosure, Mannheim Steamroller is one of five concerts I’ve been to, along with Elton John, Erasure, Mr Mister, and Hall & Oates.)
;–)

* Famous to many of a certain age in the US because of their title sponsorship of Wild Kingdom, a TV nature show which featured Marlin Perkins safely ensconced in a studio and Jim Fowler off being filmed in dangerous situations in the field.
;–)

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I think even more amazing than the medical technology that made this possible is the location where it happened! Omaha, Nebraska isn’t known for much other than Mutual of Omaha* and Berkshire Hathaway/Warren Buffett. It’s certainly not known as a center of cultural inclusiveness when compared with coastal metropolitan areas.

I had the same thought when I read where they were from. Regardless of where it happened, it’s a lovely story, and I just know baby Uma is going to be cherished by her entire family. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 8:42 AM, Ronyx said:

A mother became the surrogate to her gay son and his husband's baby girl. He is the biological father, and his husband's sister donated the egg. A very heartwarming story!

I actually find it creepy.

Too many weird things between gay sons and mothers already. This feels like the creepy cherry on top of a Red Velvet Cake.