• Site Administrator

So I picked this up near launch. It is from a double A studio, instead of your usual mega studio.  It's very much like a budget version of Dragon Age or Mass Effect.  You know, the last few good games from Bioware before the EA pestilence set in.  It's story driven and it's good.  It's good enough so far, in fact, that the minor technical issues I've experienced can be ignored.

I'm having fun with it and want to see where it goes. 

Some of the foreshadowing in the early game isn't subtle. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I contemplated this game when I saw some of the trailers for it.  Most of my friends got Borderlands though, so ended up following suit.  Apparently I cave into peer pressure easily & also can't resist looter shooters.  But at least it's pretty fun haha.

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Acid07 said:

peer pressure

Yeah... I'm a contrarian that often goes a different way just because my peers went one way.

But I prefer single player games over being canon fodder in multiplayer. lol

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Myr said:

Yeah... I'm a contrarian that often goes a different way just because my peers went one way.

It all comes down to what I'm looking for when I choose to buy a new game.  I absolutely love a good single player game (especially RPGs).  I also enjoy the social aspect of working with a few friends to beat a game.  I don't usually go for multiplayer PVP, but enjoy being able to team up with friends for PVE  (though I will admit to playing a decent amount of Apex Legends which is purely PVP).   I'd never played the Borderlands games before, but this one is pretty fun.  And it has a character that reminds me of the Biotics from Mass Effect, so that's a plus haha.  Considering how much I've played other shooters, it fits my trend as of late.  Star Wars will very likely be one of my next ones (so ready for that).

• Like 1

It does remind me - style wise of Dragon Age 1 or 2. How long has the story been so far? I've not picked up a console controller in ages because I've played out Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I'm like you as well, I like single player story driven games over multiplayer. I get killed too easily. :P

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2019 at 3:28 AM, Myr said:

Saaaame, lol!

Only MMOs I've played were Guid Wars 2 (which is free, and fun for a little while) and Elder Scrolls Online, which I initially got purely for the chance to explore Tamriel, since I'm an Elder Scrolls lore nerd, and which I now play veeeery occasionally with a few friends. Both are PVE, with optional PVP.

But for the most part, gaming is me time. And I don't want anyone intruding on my me time.

Edited by Thorn Wilde