[LittleBuddhaTW] An Elton Experience

I'm driving back home from up North with an old friend in the passenger seat, and for lunch we stop at a "Market Express Cafe" that's been built into a Wegman's supermarket just off I-81 in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You go through the supermarket at various counters where you pick up whatever prepared foods you like (stations for sushi, pizza, deli, salads, hot foods, etc.) and then pay at a special cashier, which lets you into the eating area, which has lots of tables and nice lighting and is a pleasant place to dine. And in the corner of the dining area (and right next to the table my friend chose to sit at) is a player piano ("Please do not touch" signs all over it) which operates by computerized instructions, and it's cranking out one Elton John song after another. I kept thinking about Connor and Little Buddha all through lunch, and I'm sure my friend thought I was distracted, but I really couldn't share with him--to understand would require telling all about GA, and then all about LBTW, and then all about SOOTB, which would have taken the entire drive home, but we had other things to discuss after lunch.

I can't imagine but that Connor plays the piano a whole lot better than the computerized mechanism that drove the one in the corner of Wegman's, but he's fictional and the piano in Wegman's is real, and I'll take what I can get.

--Rigel