Font size issue on phone

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I'm having an issue with your font size bar ticker when I'm accessing stories on my new phone.  It will only make text bigger, even when I select the button for shrinking text.  I had hit the size up button accidentally, and when I tried to downsize it again, it only got bigger.

It only affects the text in the chapter, not the header or comments section.  In messing with it, the font is so big I cannot read the text at all any more. (Enlarged past viewing?)

The other buttons seem to be working fine.  However, the enlarge button is constantly highlighted, even when I am pressing the shrink button.

Thanks for your help

Screenshot_20211020-053804.png

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

That looks more like a caching issue. Load a different page or different story and see if the controls are working there. 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I apologize, I read this quick between meetings yesterday and missed an important part of what you said. 

the A+ or A- remains lit so long as you are off default. just hit the A- repeatedly until the size is where you want it. 

the size is NOT an on/ off toggle and each time you hit A+ you made bigger. A- works the same way for making it smaller. 

if you are still having issues, clear your browser cache and cookies. This is not a site issue. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

@Myr, I have the exact same problem with my Android phone. The A- button does not reduce the font size, it increases it just like the A+ button. Once the font is increased the new setting is stored in the phones browser cache and you can not reduce the font size, only increase it. The only fix I have found for this is to delete all browsing history, cookies and cache. Once that is done everything works as from default, but you have lost auto login and other browser saves settings. Not a real big issue, but it is annoying when it happens 😡. Just posted this to confirm the OPs concern...

Edited by wenmale64
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I am still not able to reproduce the issue on any of my Android devices, on either Chrome or Edge. Can't reproduce on any windows computer on Firefox, Edge, Chrome, or Opera. 

It appears to be you, not us. You will need to provide exact details on operating system and browser including version so that we can try to match conditions because we are not seeing the issue. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Myr said:

Ah.  I installed Firefox on Android and can now repeat the issue.  Since it is the only browser with the issue, it sounds like a FireFox bug.  I'll report the issue to our programmer. Simple fix though.  Don't use Firefox on Android.

Ok, Ok ,Ok....  Friends don't let friends..........   never mind :glomp:.

It really is not a problem once you know the problem exists. I have found no other problems with the Android/Firefox combination.  I am glad you were able to replicate and confirm the glitch. It is always nice to know that the issue is real!!!!

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

Our programmer has identified the issue. It is a design flaw in FireFox Mobile.  You must go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Automatic Text Sizing and turn it off.

• Like 3