Imagine Magazine Question For 8/5

0000hero

Is it really something to think about? I mean, I get the whole idea of being with somebody that you truly truly love, and one who loves you back with an equal amount of enthusiasm. There's a beautiful picture painted by all of us that wants our fairy tale ending and a sweeping romance that will last us the rest of our days. But not everybody fits into that particular mold. Just because you're alone, it doesn't mean that you're lonely. It's totally ok to live the way you want to live. You know?

Relationships take work, and compromise, and constant maintenance. And they're AWESOME if the benefits far outweigh the sacrifices! But where do you think you find yourself when it comes to having a steady partner, or a spouse, or even a committed boyfriend/girlfriend? Many people long for the opportunity to share a loving relationship with someone else. And others long to be a bit more casual about such a thing. Then again...some prefer their private space and would rather be alone. Nothing wrong with either one of these lifestyle choices...but if you had to choose one...what would you want most?

Whether you have someone in your life right now or are living the single life...is it what you want? Or is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence? Let us know your thoughts!

As always, anonymous posts are welcome! Life long partner? Or the bachelor life? Or maybe somewhere in between! Speak up! I wanna know! :)

• Love 1

I personally would love to find that right guy and settle down, but I don't know if he's out there. I got in some legal trouble some years ago, and I worry that I'll never find a good guy who will accept me for who I am in spite of my past.

• Love 2

You know...when I really put some thought into it, I find myself stuck in this confusing loop where it's kind of hard to figure out how I feel about it.

There are times when I really just want to be alone for a bit. Whether I'm thinking about something, or writing a story, or just want to put my headphones on and vibe out to some music for a while...it's something that I do all on my own. Being around someone else would be a distraction, you know?

But there are other times when I really would love to give and receive some much needed affection from someone who makes me happy. I wouldn't mind going out for a good time, or having long, drawn out, conversations, or cuddling up on the couch for a movie. I'm a die hard romantic at heart. Always have been and I always will be. So I definitely value the benefits and the beauty of being in a committed relationship with someone too.

But...I don't want to be in a position where I have a partner that resents me or feels neglected when I go in my room and close the door and just want to block the rest of the world for a few hours at a time. And I'm way too selfish to think that I'd be cool with an open relationship or a 'friends with benefits' type of deal. So it really is hard for me to say.

If I absolutely HAD to choose, though...?

I think I'd choose love. I wouldn't want to live in isolation all the time if I could help it. But I'd have to find someone who could be really understanding and independent in their own right. Someone that I can love completely, but won't feel neglected or left out if I say, "Hey, I just need to be alone with my thoughts for a little while. K? Love you." And have that be ok. And I would definitely respect them and their habits in the same way. It would be perfection in my eyes.

So I don't have any problem with being alone, but I can't say that I ever really feel lonely. I'm not crying or craving the embrace of someone special. But...it would be nice! Hehehe! I would definitely enjoy that.

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..