[NickolasJames8] Bodega Bay 14

Wow this was quite a chapter! I loved the detail about how since Kevin was in a hurry "he didn't have any passengers" on his bus route! Those kinds of details really make the story stand out!

I also loved the way that Justin and his brother were so cool about the whole thing! I was half expecting Justin to get jealous, or at least mad that Kevin didn't tell him, but he was totall cool with it.

The increased drug use and lying to his dad is a little troubling, but I guess we'll see what happens with that as the story progresses.

I was glad to see Kevin still mentioning how his dad hadn't technically said that he now believes Kevin about what happened with his little brother. I wish he had, but I guess it's too difficult for him to talk to right now, and there's no telling what's going on with his wife etc. I'm looking forward to seeing what develops with that though!

I too was confused and fascinated by Mark and Kevin's relationship. I'm curious to know what will happen next.

AWESOME chapter! I can't wait to read the next one!

Kevin

Should I worry about Kevin? (Kevin in the story, not our Kevin AFriendlyFace :) ).

I have no idea how a child that has been molested is supposed to act. Kevin was raped repeatedly and he did not have any opportunity to really deal with what happened. His dad said that he can talk to him about anything, but Kevin doesn

• Site Moderator
Should I worry about Kevin? (Kevin in the story, not our Kevin AFriendlyFace :) ).

I have no idea how a child that has been molested is supposed to act. Kevin was raped repeatedly and he did not have any opportunity to really deal with what happened. His dad said that he can talk to him about anything, but Kevin doesn

Wow this was quite a chapter! I loved the detail about how since Kevin was in a hurry "he didn't have any passengers" on his bus route! Those kinds of details really make the story stand out!

I also loved the way that Justin and his brother were so cool about the whole thing! I was half expecting Justin to get jealous, or at least mad that Kevin didn't tell him, but he was totall cool with it.

The increased drug use and lying to his dad is a little troubling, but I guess we'll see what happens with that as the story progresses.

I was glad to see Kevin still mentioning how his dad hadn't technically said that he now believes Kevin about what happened with his little brother. I wish he had, but I guess it's too difficult for him to talk to right now, and there's no telling what's going on with his wife etc. I'm looking forward to seeing what develops with that though!

I too was confused and fascinated by Mark and Kevin's relationship. I'm curious to know what will happen next.

AWESOME chapter! I can't wait to read the next one!

Kevin

I love the pretend bus game. Kevin is full of contradiction. On the one hand he is just a kid who wants to play. But at the same time he is sexually active with a 16 years old. I sensed that Nick is addressing the question of "what does it mean to be ready for sex?" in his other stories (My Jump Off, and Staking My Claim). Maybe this is another angle on that issue.

I don't think there is any one way for someone to act. Each person will react differently to a situation. It could be that since Kevin experienced all sorts of abuse with his mother, and he became accustomed to that. He may not be reacting as we think he should be.

I have a friend who was molested by a realative at age 12. He's now in his early 30's and has been dealing with it over the past year. With the help of a theropist and friends, he's working thru it.

I absolutely agree. Nick doesn't want to take the most expected route, when the victim is having nightmares and can't stand human touch. But as TalonRider said, there can be many ways of dealing with this. Kevin just locked it in a vault and he is not dealing with it right now. Nick has created a very charming and unusual character in Kevin. This kid is such a mystery for me.

Hugs,

Michael.

Now about this relationship with Mark. Kevin is 11, and Mark is 16. At this age, this difference is quite big. And what is a bit surprising to me is that Kevin feels fine about being touched by Mark, considering that he was raped in the past and Mark compared to him is almost like a grown man. At least physically. Can they have a serious relationship? Is it possible that the man in the prologue to the first chapter is Mark?

This story is taking an unexpected turn, and I am very curious where Nick is going with it? I am very surprised that Nick is even touching this theme, of relationship between a young kid and someone who is almost adult. I can

:P:boy:

Well I can't speak for the other Kevin, but I'm fine ;):)

I think you're right though, Kevin probably has some deep issues bubbling just below the surface and waiting to explode! I hope he's able to work them out and get the help he needs before this happens.

As TalonRider suggested in the thread for 13 it's possible that Kevin is telling his story from a future point - perhaps in rehab for drugs and alcohol! I'm eager to see what's next for sure!!

Have a fantastic day all and take care!

Kevin

• 4 months later...
:P:boy:

Well I can't speak for the other Kevin, but I'm fine ;):)

I think you're right though, Kevin probably has some deep issues bubbling just below the surface and waiting to explode! I hope he's able to work them out and get the help he needs before this happens.

As TalonRider suggested in the thread for 13 it's possible that Kevin is telling his story from a future point - perhaps in rehab for drugs and alcohol! I'm eager to see what's next for sure!!Have a fantastic day all and take care!

Kevin

oooh, me too :pickaxe: