PS or have I to thank Moe57 ?

Not me! DK does all the final work on a chapter and then formats it and sends it in to be posted when he's got it ready so your thanks always goes to the author.

The speeches in this chapter were very interesting...

Well, another of my predictions failed! (I'd predicted that Garret would run into trouble on Braxix).

The description of the laser display was interesting and vivid! I'm assuming that the "arcing" meant they were firing into the atmosphere of Braxix, because you can't see lasers in a vacuum (such as space) unless they hit something.

We finally found out what Jordanisim is: a meld of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. I find that one a bit hard to imagine (I doubt anyone can recall any instance of religions, even sects, merging, because they don't.) However, stranger things have happened, and fanatical expansionism is a common trait of "new" religions, as this would be.

Interesting that there was no explanation of, nor even reference to Garrets rather questionable liaison with Aaron in the last chapter.

I found the slip up by one of the Calosians referring to the "liberation" as "Invasion" VERY interesting.

A great chapter!! Thank you!

I found the slip up by one of the Calosians referring to the "liberation" as "Invasion" VERY interesting.

One thing to keep in mind about this would be that the government minions would have most likely been born and raised under Empire occupation so this would seem like a radical change in their lives.

As for your prediction about Braxix, I actually giggled when I read it knowing how far off the mark you were... :D

One thing to keep in mind about this would be that the government minions would have most likely been born and raised under Empire occupation so this would seem like a radical changein their lives.

Hmmm, very true. I note though that there is still a heavy Jordanite influence. That Bishop sounds very interesting!

From the sound of it, I think Garret would have his hands full even without the civil war!

As for your prediction about Braxix, I actually giggled when I read it knowing how far off the mark you were... :D

Heh! Just you remember, if I find that I am guaranteed to be always wrong no matter what I predict, I shall predict that Earth will still exist tomorrow! :devil:

AND BTW, thanks for telling me that I needed to word it as a positive prediction. I couldn't destroy the world without you. :boy:

Hmmm, very true. I note though that there is still a heavy Jordanite influence. That Bishop sounds very interesting!

I am sooo not liking this character. Someone who can smile while calling you "abomination" to your face is NOT anybody I'd want to deal with - EVER!

Heh! Just you remember, if I find that I am guaranteed to be always wrong no matter what I predict, I shall predict that Earth will still exist tomorrow!

AND BTW, thanks for telling me that I needed to word it as a positive prediction. I couldn't destroy the world without you.

BAH! Like you needed my help to bring about the end of the world! I suspect that you are :king: of the universe and your :wizard: is ready to do the deed even as I send this off into cyber-space... {that

I am sooo not liking this character. Someone who can smile while calling you "abomination" to your face is NOT anybody I'd want to deal with - EVER!

I do agree!!

He's trouble, I think. Big trouble. I still wonder about Tremere, too.

AND BTW, thanks for telling me that I needed to word it as a positive prediction. I couldn't destroy the world without you. :boy:

BAH! Like you needed my help to bring about the end of the world! I suspect that you are :king: of the universe and your :wizard: is ready to do the deed even as I send this off into cyber-space... {that

Did Hallowe'en come early?

Is everybody afraid to post in here now?

I was thinking the same thing...

Now me, I'm always afraid to post here or anywhere (it's part of being a lurker, after all) so that fact that I am not here (which is why you are not reading this) is no surprise. However, this was a great chapter, and there is a lot of stuff to talk about!

For example, what role will that Jordanite Bishop play?

Also, it was revealed that Jordanisim is some kind of merger of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Given the historical examples of religions, or even religious sects merging (I can't think of any at all?) surely this is discussion-fodder: How could such a thing occur?

Also, it was revealed that Jordanisim is some kind of merger of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Given the historical examples of religions, or even religious sects merging (I can't think of any at all?) surely this is discussion-fodder: How could such a thing occur?

This is the second time you've mentioned that Jordanism was explained for the first time but you are forgetting that it was covered back in DOH2.

Several centuries ago, when the great colony ships were first being constructed after the discovery of interstellar travel, a small cult had begun to grow. Three men, a Catholic priest, a Sunni cleric, and a Jewish Rabbi had joined together and formed what was to become known as Jordanism. Eric Jordan, the Catholic priest, had taught that the three major religious sects of the time, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam had been steered apart by men greedy for power. Their teachings, a blending of the three religions, became popular in a world weary of violence based on religious beliefs, and every year millions flocked to the new religion.

By the end of four decades, as Eric Jordan lay on his deathbed, revolution swept the world. Jordanists held all the key offices of the various nations of the world, and for the first time ever; a real world government was created. The First Prophet, Eric Jordan, had ruled for six months from his deathbed. He was followed by Mohammed Sistani, a distant relative of a famous Iraqi cleric.

It was under Sistani that those who did not wish to convert to the world

This is the second time you've mentioned that Jordanism was explained for the first time but you are forgetting that it was covered back in DOH2.

I believe this also covers why there are no previous historical examples of religious entities merging - men of power kept splitting off.

Use your powers for good, CJ!

OOps! I either missed that, or forgot it. Thank you!!! That does explain it very well indeed, as well as making Jordanisim the prime mover for the exodus, and also explains why it is so rare in the colonies.

Not surprising, though, that the Jordaites now want to conquer the colonies. The Exodus would have been designed to rid them of their oposition while they consolidated their base, but now that is done they are looking outward. This reminds me of Roman politics during and prior to the first Punic war.

As for using my powers for good, do you mean my umatched powers of bad memory? I shall! I fully intend to... Ummmm... Huh, now what was I saying?

Did Hallowe'en come early?

Is everybody afraid to post in here now?

certainly not :blink:

but I know that DK has a lot to do with the 7th November and hasnt certainly not time to check the posts. Its just fun that he can nevertheless bring weekly a chapter :worship:

As a fan of political surveys, I made a table of comparaisons between the situation in the Republic and the actual situation in the States. Garret's speach could be part of the campaign of today :lol: Funny, it seems that you have your own clones... the mexican and others unregistred workers...But where are the Houses ?

Pity that's not so easy to find them in the world of today 0:)

Old Bob