Crazy Weather

shadowgod

We had a snowstorm last week blanketing the whole city under 20cm/9 inches of snow. Then the next day a cold snap broke out...temperature struggled to get out of -18C/0F to reach a *warm* -17C/3F. Nighttime was a bitch...-25C/-10F and the windchill was downright nasty...-33C/-27F. When I got out of the bus to walk to my apartment couple blocks from the stop, I nearly froze my ass off in the wind. :blink:

Hey Jack,

We need snow here in the mountains :o All the tourist offices complain. Could you send me some (a full freighter) . We could sell it and buy bananas for Graeme and Shdowgod :2thumbs: BTW in some places, they spend up to 10'000 bucks a week for making artificial snow with waterguns!

The flowers are coming out on my balcony. It will be a pity in February when cold come back as usual. But what is "usual" in those days ?

Take care and stay home :rolleyes:

Edited by old bob

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...I got the "du manque de neige" all wrong...

But...here in Quebec, it's acceptable to say "bitcher". :P

OK OK, french is an international language...

we could also speak patois savoyard (its the dialect of the suburbs of Geneva) or verlan, like in Paris. Mais "laisse b

Wow... all the frenchiness... I took 3 years of it, learned so much, and now it's all gone cuz I never use it. I should get a penpal who'll actually correct my idiotness in French and tell me why it's wrong, lol. Makes me sad that I got so close to being able to speak another language decently and then messed it all up by moving to a place that doesn't offer classes.

:D Crazy weather IS Mississippi. It drops down to the 20s and 30s, then heats back up to the high 70s and low 80s... we live in a thermodynamic yo-yo here.

Wow... all the frenchiness... I took 3 years of it, learned so much, and now it's all gone cuz I never use it. I should get a penpal who'll actually correct my idiotness in French and tell me why it's wrong, lol. Makes me sad that I got so close to being able to speak another language decently and then messed it all up by moving to a place that doesn't offer classes.

Hey Jamie,

send me an email in french once a week ! I will correct it and answer in french !

Which level when you stopped learning ?

Old Bob

This girl stood up at the talent show and started singing My Heart Will Go On...

Can you imagine how difficult it was not to burst into giggles (after the stunned "omfg, is she serious...?" silence)?

Bad thing was she was even worse than Celine.