Hamlet's back

glomph

OMG, that movie is gonna be so badass. Not better than Terminator (the first one), but still better than Conan the Barbarian............idk what to say about Conan.

But ill tell you what, im gonna be like the only person in the theater seeing it lol.

Edited by The Reaper

This is quite an impressive trailer. Hey Glomph, I couldn't locate the trailers of movies I've heard about on TV: Jean-Claude Van Damme's Henry the Fifth, the Ultimate battle and Joel Schumacher's take on Richard the Third with Gary Oldman. If you may spot them, they should be a nice complement to this promising version of Hamlet. To partially quote Iain from above, Billy Shakespeare is the most badass screenplay writer ever. ;)

This is quite an impressive trailer. Hey Glomph, I couldn't locate the trailers of movies I've heard about on TV: Jean-Claude Van Damme's Henry the Fifth, the Ultimate battle and Joel Schumacher's take on Richard the Third with Gary Oldman. If you may spot them, they should be a nice complement to this promising version of Hamlet. To partially quote Iain from above, Billy Shakespeare is the most badass screenplay writer ever. ;)

Shakespeare was and IS the most badass writer ever........despite the fact that he is personally responsible for the sexism against women in our world today.

Ian :D

Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't.

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below:

Something is rotten in the state of Hollywood.

O, what men dare do! What men may do! What men daily

do, not knowing what they do!

Oft expectation fails, and most oft there

Where most it promises; and oft it hits

Where hope is coldest, and despair most fits.

This was the unkindest cut of all.

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players.

Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie,

This thing of darkness I acknowledge mine.

Out, damned spot! out, I say!

despite the fact that he is personally responsible for the sexism against women in our world today.

OK, I'll bite. How do you come up with that? (Not to mention whether you're making St. Paul or Muhammed jealous.)

Jean-Claude Van Damme's Henry the Fifth, the Ultimate battle and Joel Schumacher's take on Richard the Third with Gary Oldman.

I didn't have any luck with a quick Google, but I'll keep an eye out.

I suspect irony, as opposed to brassy, was involved in Bondwriter's wry comment.

Hahaha, but good catch on St. Paul and Muhammed. (In all fairness to both religions.) (And I'm saying that line of discussion's not meant to open up large cans of worms.)

OK, I'll bite. How do you come up with that? (Not to mention whether you're making St. Paul or Muhammed jealous.)

Alright. Now im not saying im the best qualified person to be saying this. BUT, i have read extensively, every Shakespeare work there is and i have read more than i should on him in other books. All the evidence is there. I have a book around here somewhere that is absolutely amazing (but i cant find it because my parents are redoing my computer room) but i do have this book here.

This was a good book, but it doesn't tell you how his work portray to today's life. Although, if you look around, you can see he is everywhere. TV, radio, billboards, advertising campaigns......etc. From reading all these books and sources (and counter sources), i personally believe the evidence shown to me is enough to make me believe that the sexism and racism in his works are and IS one of the biggest influences on our society today.

I personally cannot see Arnie as a Hamlet... lol.. I dislike all of his movies though which is probably why I can't see it. I'll probably not watch it. :)

Krista

I heard a lecture on Shakespeare from a feminist perspective by an English prof from Wisconsin or Minnesota, maybe. She was wonderful. She had people to read a couple of scenes for us. She showed how in one scene Lady MacBeth tore down her husband to a mother/son kind of interaction and then built him back up to have the resolve to carry out the murder plot, and of course all of Shakespeare's language was perfect for that.

I loved the movie Shakespeare in Love, especially the scene where the woman, dressed up as a man playing a woman does Romeo's lines as Shakespeare steps in to demonstrate how he wanted it acted by doing Juliet's lines opposite her Romeo.

I personally cannot see Arnie as a Hamlet... lol.. I dislike all of his movies though which is probably why I can't see it. I'll probably not watch it. :)

Krista

I guess you won't have to. ;) But I'd advise watching Conan the Barbarian which is a great epic. With great pecs. And which is quoted in this spoof's credits.

I heard a lecture on Shakespeare from a feminist perspective by an English prof from Wisconsin or Minnesota, maybe. She was wonderful. She had people to read a couple of scenes for us. She showed how in one scene Lady MacBeth tore down her husband to a mother/son kind of interaction and then built him back up to have the resolve to carry out the murder plot, and of course all of Shakespeare's language was perfect for that.

I loved the movie Shakespeare in Love, especially the scene where the woman, dressed up as a man playing a woman does Romeo's lines as Shakespeare steps in to demonstrate how he wanted it acted by doing Juliet's lines opposite her Romeo.

Do you remember whether or not it was Wisconsin?? Because I go to school there, and I took a Shakespeare class. The professor was absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe how well she presented the material.

Do you remember whether or not it was Wisconsin?? Because I go to school there, and I took a Shakespeare class. The professor was absolutely amazing! I couldn't believe how well she presented the material.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the same woman. I bet it was Wisconsin. I'll try to find a lecture schedule from the last couple of years and see if I can find her name and university.

Ok I'm either really guliable or really stupid but is this trailer for real?

Look at it again.

Wait for the end.

Read the credits.

I may also save you three minutes (though it's an entertaining moment), and repeat what I said above:

"Yes, irony, as opposed to coppery ;) , was involved in this whole fake trailer. But Nicholas Cage would be a wonderful Richard the Second."

"But I'd advise watching Conan the Barbarian which is a great epic. With great pecs. And which is quoted in this spoof's credits."

I really didn't know if it was for real until the end. Though I didn't see Arnold exactly in a Leslie Nielsen type role. And the tributes to previous Hamlets kind of give it away. Otherwise it is masterfully done.