My heart is broken...

Ruby Sundew

• Site Administrator

Thank you for sharing that with us, Ruby.

Life isn't simple -- I know that all too well. My own life is complicated, as you can see in this essay I wrote a couple of years ago for The Mail Crew in the Author's Speak section of their web site.

Initial connections and long term relationships don't always go together. From what you have indicated, he may be seeing his ex-boyfriend in you. I don't know what is right for you at the moment, but I wish you all the best. There are several people involved and you are going to have take all of that into account with whatever you decide to do.

Good luck!

Graeme :)

My name is Ruby Sundew, I'm from Europe.

But whom am I kidding? Can I be just friend with this Man? Of course , not.

Why, why heart hurts so much right now?.. It's been several months already. I think, I need a drink.

Hi Ruby.

Graeme's essay is very straight forward and makes a lot of sense.

The first question to answer is this: Does your husband understand your conflicts? Much of Graeme's essay was about communication problems and the result of the wife belatedly understanding the ramifications of a complex marital relationship.

The man you described sounds like a player. He must be incredibly good looking and is probably used to men and women coming onto him. He was a magnet that drew you in. However, from the aftermath of activity on behalf of him by friends, you must have had some impact.

Being friends with with a man when you're bi-sexual is a slippery slope. In a 100% heterosexual marriage, men don't have close friends with women and vice versa. it just spells disaster.

I suggest you find a support group in your community that can give offer you direction. Believe me, a drink is not the answer.

Jack

Hey Ruby,

You will find here a lot of friends, understanding, feeling, sometimes helpful. I hope the words of Graeme and Jack helped.

Life is complicated and sometimes hard. I'm soon 78, old enough to know that the wounds, even the deep ones, always heal when time pass. What remains is life experience, and finally wisdom.

It is what I wish for you.

Take care.

(very) old Bob

Edited by old bob

• 2 weeks later...

Several days ago , one of my friends, who doesn't know the whole story, wrote me this(regarding the absolutely different subject):

"that reminds me of something my dad taught me, people he called his true soul mates. they are the poeple who make you mad, poeple who are the hardest to get along with are the greatest test of your own inner self. they keep testing your emotions and your desires, your fears and your intelligence. they are testing you to be a better person, and they are not always positive. i think it takes all types of influences to make a balanced person. and no one is constantly positive or negative. i think its all relative to the chaos we call life. there are sooooo many different levels of human understanding that each person has something to teach you. and sometimes the most positive lesson comes from someone that is living in the negative. BUT most importantly we must strive to stay balanced and not get stuck on either positive or negative. just something to think about."

I thought it it was an answer on my question.

I feel much better now, thanks to everyone.