Thank you, Albert! I loved writing this chapter, and how happy Jubal was. He's still easily spooked though, and that's a shame. He's still worried others will find out his secret. It was and is a sad reality for so many gay men. And yes, Reid and Jubal have found a friendship. Cheers!
Great descriptions in this chapter. It felt like you really knew Budapest, like you'd been there and walked those streets. The found letter from Robert appeared to give him closure, and he has Thomas now. Well done, sir.
Well, I must admit rereading this made me dry. I guess it's because I feel Jubal's pain, his fear, and his love and devotion to Lucas. Love is a beautiful thing, and you're right that Jubal is fully there. Reid is a friend, but he has to be a sheriff too.
I'm sure Lucas will love the new back door if he....
Thanks, buddy.
There is a sweet kind of sadness to this chapter. Jubal is so vulnerable in his thoughts and actions. He needed Reid to be a friend, and he was. Whatever was behind Reid's initial feelings towards Jubal, they appear to be gone now. Lucas is lucky to have two such men care about him so deeply.
Prayer is all Jubal has right now... let's hope they are answered. Thanks for the kind words, my friend.
That's a good way of putting it, Albert. Jubal is running on automatic, and I think those powders from the doc may have eased some of his shock, but he will feel it when he tries to sleep, I bet. He couldn't care less about the money now, but he will someday. Yes, the madness must end at some point. Thanks, buddy.
DEI! We practice DEI on here... we welcome frogs, pervs, penguins, horses ... hobbittses, mad bombers, glitter freaks, short people (oh right, same person), young, old-- delusional--oops, same one again... and chefs, just to name a few.
Thank you, Albert. These last couple of chapters brought back memories of Sky's death, and I suspect the pain will always be there no matter how much time has passed. Yes, Jubal is a good man, the very best in a tough and wild time. Fingers crossed Lucas will survive.
Jubal really was heroic, wasn't he? I love how he was willing to do anything to try and save his friend. Ronnie Prescott makes a perfect varmint, evil to his core. Thanks so much, Albert!
The thing is, I think that while Jubal is prone to running away in the past, he trusts Lucas. It would seem Reid is adjusting to something, given what Lucas said on the trip back from town, but can he? I guess we will see. Maybe he is just being protective of his friend. Cheers!
I love when a plan comes together. Lucas and Jubal work hard, and they are a great example of what it took to survive and prosper in the Old West. I don't think Jubal has ever been happier... except for when he was with Vincent. He deserves to feel that way. Cheers, Albert!