Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,232
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Received another great review from @Dan South, this time for "Larkspur: A Sidewinder Tale". Thanks, Dan!
  2. ... his little nuke...
  3. I thought it was Beelzebub.
  4. Good to know, bro. You should definitely put off being outside for extended periods.
  5. Hey, bro and Mum. Hope you both are well. Visibility here is not so bad but the smell is strong and breathing outside gives me some shortness of breath and a headache pretty quickly. I'm worried for my mare.
  6. They could be there already, settling in the south-east, or even on one of those parcels of land to the north of town near Red Apple farm. Or, they could still be on the road to Heaven On Earth. Tough to say until my muse tells me what to do. Thanks, buddy. I really enjoyed this reread and seeing your new comments. It's a very satisfying story.
  7. The Old west was full of hard times and it made for hard men. America really was a land of opportunity, but unfortunately the opportunities often involved thievery and murder, what with law enforcement (and the army) spread so thin. Lucas is a user, slimy and treacherous, and truth is if we look deeper he might hate himself for being attracted to men. Who knows, though? Evil is everywhere, and for most of us it's not easy to understand. I think Virgil was right that in his own twisted way Lucas loved Wyatt, and the whiskey mixed with jealousy was potent. I like how cool Virgil was on the outside as he provoked the man, and I loved writing the conversation after between Virgil and Wyatt. Thanks for the supportive words. You mention potential and I must say it was difficult to contain this one. It had to be short for the anthology, so I had to be disciplined, but I could have made this story twenty chapters easily.
  8. A good summation of the situation, but pride comes into it too. Wyatt seems intent on keeping what little pride he has left. He wants to escape for sure, but we can already tell enough about him that he will want to do it on his own terms. I'm glad you got that he is loving... and I think it's clear he is lonely and craving acceptance. These men have only just met, yet Wyatt is making Virgil feels things he hasn't felt since he lost Norrie. That might be exciting, but it would also be scary.
  9. No doubt Wyatt's parents loved each other, and paid the price for bigotry and hate. Virgil and Wyatt seemed to have started an unlikely friendship in a miserable town. I did love exploring this time period, and what it was like for people who lived along the border after the war. You're right that it was an ugly war and an ugly time. It's clear there is a lot of tension in Matador Hill, a truly unhappy place. Thanks for caring enough about this story to read it again, my friend.
  10. Thanks, Terry! I truly appreciate your support.
  11. Have fun, buddy!
  12. Me too.
  13. Drew is too if he stands on a chair.
  14. More to say? Hell yeah! I love writing about mature men. It's why I wrote "The Watcher" series. And yes, age really is only a number, and we have to grab the brass ring at any age. No, this isn't really Boone and Coy's story... yet it is in that we go on a journey with them too. Mitch and Will are very fortunate men. They held onto their love over the years, and all it needed to ignite again was to see each other. That is one helluva love to share. Larkspur is a special place, and it is loosely based on where I live now as well as the province I grew up in. Now, remember, "Boundaries" is not about the doctor. You'll see what I mean.... Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated, and please remember to leave a story like and recommendation... and that other thing if you have more to say.
  15. Lol. Point taken. Can't blame anyone for wanting more of me.
  16. You guys are incorrigible.
  17. Watching Avatar: Way of Water on Disney+
  18. Hey, All! Still a lot of smoke in the air here. Oh look... plaid... @dughlas
  19. Ah, so I did recognize him... his eyes, but I thought no, it can't be him.
  20. Glad to hear it, Terry. And you're welcome. I would like to revisit Larkspur someday, I surely would.
  21. What you are saying is you get me as a writer and a person, and have looked deep enough to understand my process. That's more than any author can ask for.
  22. I'd like to think there were plenty of towns like Larkspur during that tie, all struggling to find their identity as they built a community. I've always like trees... woods... forests... and I see a lot of my home province in this fictional town. It's an author's liberty. These four men are solid, and have each others backs. That in itself brings peace, in my opinion. Glad you love these stories, buddy, and I so appreciate your support of them. Keep on promoting my work, buddy. I can't pay you, but you'll have my undying gratitude.
  23. Headstall

    Chapter 15 Faith

    Lol. Yes... yes he is... And if you read "Boundaries: A Western Tale" you might learn just a tiny bit more about him.
×
×
  • Create New...