Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Still smells here unfortunately. Hi, bro and Mum.
  2. Mitch came a long way in those years they were apart. He learned to accept and love who he was as a gay man, and he has Wes and Lee to thank for much of that. I find in life that things often do come full circle. He's ready for this... he's the perfect match for Will... no longer needing to prove anything to himself or anyone else. I think most of us understand just how important that is. Lot's of love in this one for sure, my friend. I'm happy you are happy.
  3. Ain't that the truth! Thank you, Albert, for showing your joy to this humble author.
  4. Thanks, Terry. If I do that, it has to be done right. That is not as easy as it sounds, I'm afraid. A story has to have its own impact.
  5. Lol. It's a huge revelation, and while some readers may have had suspicions, we can't celebrate until we hear from the doctor hisself. Now we can... we can feel the same wonderment and joy Mitch is slowing allowing to slowly seep in.
  6. Sweet old Blue would never do that. I understand the frustration with Mitch, but I really do understand why he is doing what he's doing. I think it hurts him more than it hurts Will... knowing you're dying has to change a person. There's not much he can do, but he can try to make his passing easier for this man he put through hell three different times already while he sat at his bedside. That's not how he wants to go out of this world.
  7. I don't think Mitch is as certain as he's letting on, and there were clues to that in what he said to the boys. However, I think he will stick to his guns and keep Will at arm's length to try to protect him. Will would have to do something unexpected to change his mind. It's good to seeing him improving his land with the bridge. That's better than wallowing in his pain. So yeah, it's good that he is seeing this new doctor... for Coy's sake. Thanks, buddy.
  8. Like I said... incorrigible.
  9. Maybe we need to subpoena you.
  10. Sorry, buddy, but you're not alone. This was a really hard chapter to write, with both men in such pain. That conversation from start to finish was a rollercoaster and a killer. Will is reeling, Mitch let his guard down before putting them right back up... it was understandable... he thinks he's doing the right thing... but if was cruel too... for both of them. I hope you can understand that Mitch is trying to do the right thing... but I know it is frustrating as hell because we readers want to see them unite before it's too late. Thanks, Albert.
  11. I love this chapter. I loved the smudging ceremony, and I love the joy Mitch is showing us. I also loved being able to include some subtle commentary about Native Americans. You're right that so much has changed in this chapter... Mitch found a better way to leave his money to the boys, and he knows now where his last days will be, and where his body will rest. And yeah... looks like a talk is finally coming.
  12. I'm happy to hear that, Albert. Red Apple Farm is a character in the story as well. It is constantly breathing life into those who are lucky enough to live there, and a constant source of joy for Boone and Coy. Farm work is hard, but made easier when you love the place you're doing it. You're right that it is breathing new life into Mitch... and Will is able to relax enough to enjoy his surroundings. I'm glad you find the story exceptional, my friend. Thank you.
  13. Thanks, Albert. There is definitely a family dynamic going on between the three. Mitch looks at both Boone and Coy kindly, and he just proved the depth of that. I'm sure he misses Dan and his parents, and maybe he's transferred some of that love to the boys. Professionally written? Awesome.
  14. Food always calms me down. I don't know if that will work on Mitch, though. Will had a lot to say after Mitch walked away... and we learned a lot about the pair of them. There was love there... real love... but it's been twenty years and things have changed. Mitch is living out a death sentence. We'll see if they can at least talk at some point... and if Mitch has calmed down.
  15. Love how you describe this, Albert. You're right... that conversation between Will and Mitch came up fast, and was hot and deadly. I think both men will be hurting after this, but the look on Mitch's face before he disappeared told Boone what he needed to know. Thanks for the kind words, buddy. This one was tough.
  16. Yeah, well... okay... but I got a different message.
  17. Those eyes are talking...
×
×
  • Create New...