Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. More to say? Hell yeah! I love writing about mature men. It's why I wrote "The Watcher" series. And yes, age really is only a number, and we have to grab the brass ring at any age. No, this isn't really Boone and Coy's story... yet it is in that we go on a journey with them too. Mitch and Will are very fortunate men. They held onto their love over the years, and all it needed to ignite again was to see each other. That is one helluva love to share. Larkspur is a special place, and it is loosely based on where I live now as well as the province I grew up in. Now, remember, "Boundaries" is not about the doctor. You'll see what I mean.... Thanks, Dan. Your support is much appreciated, and please remember to leave a story like and recommendation... and that other thing if you have more to say.
  2. Lol. Point taken. Can't blame anyone for wanting more of me.
  3. You guys are incorrigible.
  4. Watching Avatar: Way of Water on Disney+
  5. Hey, All! Still a lot of smoke in the air here. Oh look... plaid... @dughlas
  6. Ah, so I did recognize him... his eyes, but I thought no, it can't be him.
  7. Glad to hear it, Terry. And you're welcome. I would like to revisit Larkspur someday, I surely would.
  8. What you are saying is you get me as a writer and a person, and have looked deep enough to understand my process. That's more than any author can ask for.
  9. I'd like to think there were plenty of towns like Larkspur during that tie, all struggling to find their identity as they built a community. I've always like trees... woods... forests... and I see a lot of my home province in this fictional town. It's an author's liberty. These four men are solid, and have each others backs. That in itself brings peace, in my opinion. Glad you love these stories, buddy, and I so appreciate your support of them. Keep on promoting my work, buddy. I can't pay you, but you'll have my undying gratitude.
  10. Headstall

    Chapter 15 Faith

    Lol. Yes... yes he is... And if you read "Boundaries: A Western Tale" you might learn just a tiny bit more about him.
  11. Thanks, Dan! I was just saying to Terry how I was uncertain about this chapter at the time of writing. Your comment validates my decision to keep it intact. Yeah... emotional maturity... that's what that scene was about, and what I wanted to show.
  12. This chapter's conversation lays things bare and shows they are ready now. Mitch has carried a lot of regret through the years, and he isn't about to waste this gift he's received. You know, I considered whether this conversation was a necessary one for the story... and if fact I considered deleting it at the time I wrote it, worried it was changing the tone. I left it for a few days and came back to it, and saw I had achieved what I wanted, so it survived. Mature men are smarter in a lot of ways and clearing the air like this, Mitch showing Will who he was back then, the good and the bad, just verified where he was at now, and that Mitch was ready to deliver on all the things Will used to ask him for. It's one of those moments in a relationship that strengthens it, in my opinion. Coy is likely chomping at the bit.
  13. This is going to mean the world to Coy... and to Boone. Both men lost their only family, and Boone has never had a father. Now he will have two of them. Gay folk have had to pick their family for years and years, and these four make good family. I really like your last sentence here. Thank you, Dan.
  14. The best of days, and I'm particularly happy he was glad they weren't so young anymore. This time they're ready. They have a whole new future ahead, and there is lots of time for planning, but not much time before winter rolls in. For this chapter, I asked myself what Will would do, and I decided he would be there waiting to comfort Mitch. I'd say all the comforting Mitch needed was the kissing. Thanks, buddy!
  15. I asked myself what I would do in that situation. Sometimes when I get good news, or huge news, I like to keep things close to the vest for a while. Sometimes I need time to convince myself, and sometimes I just need to keep my joy to myself. I believe Mitch is convinced, but he is also going through a process... switching from being certain of imminent death to having a future. It's an incredible gift he wants to give thanks for. He is feeling spiritual, like something greater than himself has touched his life. So, that is what he's going to do... the boys... and Will can wait just a little longer. Glad you liked the doctor scene... I'm overall pleased with it. I'm not a doctor, but I believe my instincts and research worked. Cheers, Terry.
  16. No problem. Geeks is one of my favorite stories.
  17. Yep. Just like that. When I was researching this story, I spent a lot of time getting an understanding of where the field of medicine was at, during this time period on the frontier. It was rather eye-opening to learn how often doctors were wrong... because of how few tools they had for diagnosing illness, and how few medicines that were effective or available. A lot of so called doctors didn't even have proper medical training... and some just 'interned' with an old doctor. If this hadn't been the case I would have approached the story differently. As it was, Mitch didn't require any miracle. He likely survived what we know is pneumonia today, and just needed a proper diagnosis. Still, he is a lucky man because pneumonia was a killer in that time period. As far as Will, another conversation will definitely be needed, and it should be sooner rather than later. Thanks for this, Dan.
  18. Sorry, Man. @dughlas gets first choice, being our resident kilt expert and all.
  19. Hands off! These are for @dughlas ... think he'll like the one on the right...
×
×
  • Create New...