Jump to content

Laura S. Fox

Author
  • Posts

    8,052
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Laura S. Fox

  1. Yes, this is where the growth happens for Lyn! And despite the ups and downs, he will be a changed man in the end - or one who has evolved at least. According to wiser people than me, change only happens when it becomes inevitable... so let's see
  2. Lyn didn't mean it! He just couldn't control himself, lol.
  3. I knew I could count on you to 'dissect' this the proper way, Maestro... Lyn is doing a lot of developing as someone with a lot of internal struggles. And Alexander is there to confirm and support him every step of the way. At the same time, he's keeping his eyes on the prize. He's not indulging Lyn more than what's necessary for them to take the next step. At the same time, he's everything you said. And oh, my heart. No, it's not perfect; yes, it's messy. But what you said about them in those moments, Lyn losing it, Alexander showing support no matter what, these are the thoughts I wanted to convey to readers. Thanks a lot for your in-depth analysis, like usual!
  4. Hmm, hmm, indeed... repercussions...
  5. Of course And Alexander just wanted to get to the good part fast, lol - aka asking Lyn to be boyfriends.
  6. He said nothing incorrect... done and done
  7. Awesome line, lol! Yeah, straightness...
  8. There was a lot of development on all fronts!
  9. Chapter Forty-Eight – [Memory, Senior Year, November] – Your Benefactor Wishes to Remain Anonymous I think it’s time for you to meet your father. Lyn stared at Arya’s message, his heart slowly turning to lead. She didn’t know about the check, and she had no idea Lyn knew who his father was, or at least had a good guess. The situation wasn’t good regarding his inheritance, if he could call it that, and money was still something he didn’t have. Brad had suggested once that Lyn ask Alexan
  10. Ha-ha, sweet but makes your teeth hurt... That's why Brad might not be so good for Lyn. But there is more to that, I promise.
  11. I expected speculations... And Alexander will tell his truth in his own time. It will be part of a much bigger conversation, actually, but I'm sure you guys will be able to tell its importance when that happens. But it does have a strong effect on Lyn, this absence. He needs to process it and at least find an explanation for himself that he can handle. And of course, the secret of his mom's profession dangles above his head even after her passing...
  12. Lyn's mom brought up his son a certain way, and that includes being careful about being indebted to others. That's why he does all the chores he can handle. He is always acutely aware of his position and never wants to be a charity case. And calling Brad his 'brother' is him settling into a frame he can handle, but I think this is also him being more honest about his feelings than usual. Brad... well, he does let on just what you said... Willfully unserious describes him to a T. And Lyn overhearing about Alexander having troubles... he worries because he cares. That you're right that the last line is not a promise for action. Lyn can try - and of course he will - but not all is up to him. There are other actors involved.
  13. A battle... yes, a good word choice
  14. I left 'laugh' as reaction because I jolted when the guy started from his chair like that...
  15. I know I live the door wide open for speculations... And I still hope I will surprise you with the twists and turns. Alexander ghosting Lyn... well, that's complicated, let me just say that.
  16. Oh he did. It's so easy to keep one last impression of a person (or not even the last) and carry it, when the truth is much more complex.
  17. Alexander's absence has serious reasons and not just jealousy or a whim. It will give Lyn plenty of anxiety, for sure.
  18. Chapter Forty-Seven – So What If We Get Hurt? Alexander didn’t raise his eyes from the article he was perusing on his phone when Lyn returned. It was hard to tell whether he had moved an inch from where Lyn had left him about an hour ago. “How did it go?” Alexander asked, without looking at him, seemingly still absorbed by what he was reading, yet capable of sparing a thimble of attention to something outside of that. “Bad,” Lyn said curtly. “He’s an asshole.” “Oh, well,” Al
  19. Oh, lol, so true!
  20. Vince knows how to handle men... even if it's an alpha he needs to deal with!
  21. That's the job of a guardian!
  22. That's Vince in a nut(shell)! He knows what's good for his body, lol! Jack will be in for some experiences...
  23. Vince - and Jack - will definitely be working on it!
  24. I have a hunch he wouldn't mind that role too much!
×
×
  • Create New...