-
Posts
8,052 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Laura S. Fox
-
I'm glad I could capture the essence of this moment in a way that created the opportunity for such commentary. The first time we deal with such a moment in our lives, this happens, just as you say. Some things are irreversible. And it hits hard, especially when you're young, although I don't think there's ever a moment when you can truly adjust to it. I'm afraid you are so right about this moment kind of being the last showing them as a trio with strong links between them. A lot of changes are coming, and Lyn is like a castaway. A miniature version of the future... oh, my heart That last paragraph really hits home. Lyn is forced to grow up, and his choices are forced by circumstances just as much as his own - built-in - determinism.
-
I love this. They're all complicated human beings. I think that's true for a lot of people who live in the real world, so this piece of fiction borrows from it a bit more than I usually do. Brad does care about Lyn, in his own way. I feel like I mentioned this quote from one of my countrymen thinkers before, but I'll make an attempt at translating it here again. It goes something like this: If someone doesn't love you the way you want to be loved, it doesn't mean they love you less.
-
Chapter Forty-Three – You Went for the Heart The food he’d ingested over dinner tasted like nothing. Lyn couldn’t help the emptiness he felt in the pit of his stomach. Although he had tried a couple of times to drag Brad away to have a serious conversation with him, he’d been completely out of luck. As expected, a lot of people were swarming around the soon-to-be couple, so Brad didn’t have time for Lyn’s plans. There was still tomorrow. The wedding was closing in, and Lyn knew the tim
- 24 comments
-
- 46
-
-
-
-
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
That misreading got me... lol. Reading the prunes should be just as popular as tarot reading. Ha-ha, me and singing... nope. But Samatha Fox, what a babe. I still recall when my sister brought home a poster featuring her barely covering her chest with her forearm... We were all in awe of her magnificent assets, lol! -
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
I can promise you progress Yes, he cannot go alone. He might've been a lone wolf most of his life, but things are different now. -
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
Everyone has his work cut out for him, I promise. Theo can be as reluctant as he want, but he will have to accept at least Vince's and Jack's company. And then, things will happen -
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
Lol, I guess I have a type! The standoffish, specialized in self-restraint character! -
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
They are all needed for the puzzle to get solved... -
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
The list continues! -
The Message in the Rock
Laura S. Fox commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Message in the Rock
He-he... now you are left to wonder how long he'll practice this level of restraint... -
Chapter Eleven – Contradictions Theodore felt a muscle twitching in his jaw as he glared at the human guardian. Vince kept staring defiantly at him, which meant that direct threats would get him nowhere. “Very well,” he said, barely containing his rage. “I must warn you. It will be, without a doubt, a dangerous journey. Do not count on me for one moment to protect you. You join me at your own peril. Let that sink in for a moment.” “There’s nothing to sink in, and there’s no sink,
- 14 comments
-
- 42
-
-
-
-
-
That's what I like to hear from readers... I think it's a fair dilemma, one which many people solved in different ways in their lives.
-
We'll see what Lyn does... it's going to be a whole thing!
-
Definitely, Lyn calls Alexander a 'demon' in the most affectionate way. And I think it was never with true rancor even in the past - more like reluctant admiration, Alexander being the things Lyn doesn't dare to be... that kind of thing. Since I have tried from the start of the story to avoid putting random things in it, the conversation with the Fosters is important. It will connect with the past, and the present, too. Brad sabotaging his own wedding... well, the reasons are quite complicated. I'm sure he'll still deserve your judgement in the end, but I hope that it will be a complex kind of judgement. I agree with you on the last bits... but I understand that people might choose differently based on circumstances.
-
I did believe from the start that this moral dilemma will get people invested in the idea of 'what would I do?' - I drew from real life here a little, my own. I did see something, I did tell, it ended up with me somehow being the bad guy. Still, since I know I'd want to learn about something as big as this concerning me... I prefer to be told, so I do the same.
-
It's not wrong to call him a coward, yes...
-
Yes, of course! Alexander did have to 'dance' a little around Lyn's excessive awareness - let's call it that - to convince him. A matter of proportions, as I said earlier
