Jump to content

Mrsgnomie

Signature Author
  • Posts

    4,767
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mrsgnomie

  1. Great point. I still think separating would be good, but I agree that Perry truly has Kyan’s best interest and would make sure he has everything he needs to thrive.
  2. I don’t think him being “kept” is the right terminology. They were a young couple getting started. She went to college and got the job, and he stayed home with the growing family. The roles are reversed all of the time, and no one refers to a stay at home mom as being kept. with that said, I don’t think Kyan is just realizing his role. He was fully part of it. Admitting that he was being supported by Perry is very different than being supported by a spouse. I can understand not wanting to acknowledge that because it means he acknowledges he can no longer be at home with his kids. It’s not perfect, but it’s human nature to avoid certain realities.
  3. Kyan already feels like a burden. Finally having this conversation is the only thing that can bring him peace and closure on this topic. If they don’t have it now, it’ll only blow up later.
  4. Absolutely. Finances are so complex! I’m not sure there is anything in a relationship that cause weld as much power/dependency as money. There is a reason it’s the root of all evil.
  5. So glad you’re here. I jumped the gun and responded to another one of your comments first, but I think all your points are 🎯. There are several pieces as play here that need to be carefully dealt with.
  6. I think the family will support whatever Kyan wants to do. Jessica has told him he has a job in the office (of Jed’s business) if he wants. Or, I’m sure other accommodations will be made. I guess we’ll see.
  7. Ok agree with you though, if he’s financially reliant on Perry, then how is this any different than Dayna?
  8. Well, same amount of children, just no new ones lol
  9. It’s a viable option, my concern would be adding that kind of work pressure onto a new relationship. He would still be 100% reliant on Perry, granted he would be earning it, but I think separating it completely would be more beneficial. But maybe Jed has something he can do remotely?
  10. 💯💯💯
  11. Money is so tricky and complex. It’s obviously a big deal to Kyan because he is at the disadvantage, where Perry doesn’t think it’s a big deal, because it’s not to him. Those are hard feelings to reconcile. Most divorces end because of $$$ How do you start one based on it?
  12. Congratulations! 🎉 Who knows, supporting Kyan and the kids could be a whole family endeavor. You know the saying, “It takes a village”.
  13. ❤️❤️❤️ Pretty spot on.
  14. I don’t think Dayna is a bad person, I think she was very young and pregnancy can exasperate insecurities.
  15. It’s hard to know. He would probably want to tell them to go to hell but we often feel a sense of duty as a kid. It can take a long time to break that cycle.
  16. Yes! And there is stuff lingering that needs to be addressed.
  17. I’m glad you enjoyed it, and you’re right, there are a few things at play.
  18. Gah. Auto correct. *dreaded double post
  19. ugh: the dreaded double post.
  20. Absolutely. And I think we’ll find that each character has their own dichotomy. This is just Jed and Trudy’s. Although, I think in a way, they will hold true for everyone.
  21. Just like a campfire, the blue haze from the pool lights was almost hypnotic in the pre-dawn morning. After slipping out of Kyan’s suite without detection an hour ago, Perry was bored. It was too late to go back to sleep but too early for breakfast, so he pulled on some athletic clothes and headed to the resort gym. Even this early, there was someone on nearly every machine. All the east coast travelers were using the time change to their benefit. Perry found an open spot where he could use
  22. 100% rough night. Just woke up. Gimme 5…
  23. Perry has nothing to prove, he is JUST amazing.
×
×
  • Create New...