Jump to content

Dichotomy of Love

   (15 reviews)

Kyan can’t imagine ever moving on. With four small kids, what would that even look like? Surely not his best friend and brother-in-law; the man who drops off groceries, forces him to confront his depression, loves his kids unequivocally, and supports him without question.

Copyright © 2023 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (57 members)

  • Action Packed 12
  • Addictive/Pacing 44
  • Characters 55
  • Chills 15
  • Cliffhanger 19
  • Compelling 42
  • Feel-Good 49
  • Humor 43
  • Smoldering 27
  • Tearjerker 26
  • Unique 29
  • World Building 14

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Terry78

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

This is a classic, but boy you'd better fasten your seatbelt and hang on for the ride. 

Mrsgnomie's cooked up a deliciously heartfelt, four-course novela with this one...laughing, crying, angst, and love.  Mrsgnomie is a literary genius, pull up a chair and enjoy!

  • Love 9
Link to review
chris191070

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Another masterpiece from Gnomie.

Dichotomy of Love is the story of Kyan, who is dealing with the death of his wife and being a single father of 4 children. He's not alone in this as he has his best friend and brother- in-law, Perry there to help him.

What follows is the wonderful story of love as Kyan rediscovers himself with help of his family and learns that Perry has loved him for years.

Let's join Kyan and Perry and follow there adventures in this must read story.

  • Love 8
Link to review
Rkench

· Edited by Rkench

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Dichotomy of Love unfurls a heart-warming, well thought out character piece; one I’m sure I’ll visit again. Be aware, it starts off tragic, so trigger warning for anyone who might be truly gut-wrenched by a post-labor loss of life.

That loss, however, leads to a fairly realistic look at grief and how you can and can’t, do and don’t move on. The main character, Kyan, has stalwart support in ways he doesn’t even realize, most especially from his best friend and brother-in-law, Perry. A man quietly hoping for more.  How their central relationship develops hits you in the feels, while showing how even five-star intentions can go astray. 

I quickly grew to love Kyan and Perry and their extended family. You may never find a better, and more natural single dad than Kyan and  @Mrsgnomieonce again shows her talent for crafting realistic children characters who grow. Their observations add immensely to the fun.  

Don’t be a sad-i-piller. Start reading. In these tough times many of you will appreciate the pick-me-up. :) 

  • Love 11
Link to review
Topnotch

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

In his early 20's, Kyan loses his wife and becomes a single father with 4 very VERY young kids (the youngest is only days old). This story follows him as he struggles to raise his children, mourn the loss of his love, and try to find some peace in his life. All the while, his brother-in-law has held a candle for years. Like all MrsGnomie's stories, we peel back real emotions and find that not everything is as it seems. It's not just about Kyan and Perry, but the kids and his in-laws each have a place/part in this story which gives it such great depth. 

A truly wonderful tale and worth a re-read to enjoy it all over again.

  • Love 10
Link to review
Pickalane

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Another must read by MrsG. If you read that the story is about brother-in-laws falling in love, you might scroll right by. Don't. It is about so much more than that. This is a well developed story with great characters, real emotions, deep love, and amazing writing. The emotions of real life are so believable you can't help but attach yourself to the story. And like her other stories, the characters are so real, you want them to have their own stories. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 8
Link to review
weinerdog

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

If you loved Boss Nanny and Jay's Loelife and judging by all the five star reviews a lot of you did you know this author hits those kinds stories out of the park.Well she did it again with this story and did it in a way where it is unique in it own right and not at all redundant with her previous works so what are you waiting for? Start reading the story

  • Like 1
  • Love 10
Link to review
kbois

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Gnomie did it again. She brought us an amazing story of one man's journey of loss, finding himself and in doing so, discovering who he is outside of a grieving widower and young father. 

It's also the another man's story of family and how to fall in love from outside of what is considered the norm and overcoming the obstacles of getting there. 

Well worth the read.

  • Love 10
Link to review
Howzat

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

What more can I add to all the above fantastic reviews?

If you haven't read @Mrsgnomie before then go and read her other stories as well (not necessary to read them before this one but the last chapter will make more sense if you do!).

@Mrsgnomie has hit a home run with such a wonderful, heart-breaking, tearful, happy-ever-after story.

  • Love 9
Link to review
Cane23

· Edited by Cane23

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This is the most intimate and the most tender love story @Mrsgnomie has written. It shows that every life is dramatic enough even without painful betrayals and heartbreaking adulteries. Devastated by the loss of his wife, Kyan is left with four kids. But then he starts learning the real power of love. The support and unconditional love from his in-lows helps him grow and overcome his insecurities. His brother-in-law and best friend Perry, hero of unselfishness, helps him discover love again and find passion deeply buried in himself.

There’s been teasing going around the comments when @Mrsgnomie posted pictures of Kyan and Perry. Why are “ordinary” and “average” people not acceptable in something that is, above all, family tale? I asked myself at the end of the story, what kind of people are they if they are not ordinary and average and then it came to me – they are decent people. Decent, loving, caring people. This story is shining with aura of their love. In ugly world we are living, surrounded by mean, aggressive, judgmental people, this family is island of hope, a shiny star, and a flame that doesn’t heat only characters but readers too. That is the reason why we were desperately searching for good looking models, because with their pretty faces we wanted to express inner beauty of character’s souls. Yes, characters are the most captivating thing of this story because everybody needs father as Kyan or Jed, everybody needs a partner as Perry, and everybody needs a friend as Max… As an old Beatles song says All you need is love!

This story made me become a member of GA which tells a lot about it. I would like to believe that this story made me at least a little bit better person.

  • Love 9
Link to review
raven1

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

I often wonder when I see a story's first post if I will it will be good. Will I like it?  I soon found out I no longer had these questions with MrsGnomie's stories.  All I needed to see was her name and knew it would be a great story. Everything said in the prior reviews is correct!  I would only add that not only are the characters and plot great, but so is her masterful skill of weaving secondary characters and subplots into the story, which will leave you wanting more stories.  Yes, this is a must read story and like other stories by MrsG you will probably reread this several times.  

  • Love 8
Link to review
Doha

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Dichotomy of Love is an enthralling tale of brothers in law, who become best friends and ultimately lovers. 

This story is engaging, perfectly paced and a binge read, if you haven't yet started.

Another Gnomie special!

  • Love 9
Link to review
Gary L

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Ok, I admit that I left the last part because I was lost in all of the (highly amusing) “battles” in the comments.  I’ve now reread the complete story and agree with others that this story is a triumph for mrs G/Gnomie. I was pretty uncomfortable with the setting but, as in other ways, I had to  park my preconceptions and read open to new points of view.

so, to the story ….. read it!!  It’s rather good (British understatement..).  
 

this is a great addition to GA.  THANK YOU 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

  • Love 7
Link to review
Guest Chuck

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Couldn’t put it down. Well written. 

Link to review
Guest DownUnderFlyer009

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

I always look forward to a MrsGnomie story and this one blew it out of the park! A sweet tale of one man's journey through grief, loss and self-discovery, and another man's eternal devotion and patience that paid off. It was well-paced, realistic, and highly relatable. The characters felt like old friends. I look forward to hearing updates about them with cameos in subsequent stories. 

Link to review
4avidreader

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member
Quote

Great read, as always! I love the diversity of the characters. It was nice to see a "stahd" kill at being a truly outstanding nurturer! It's definitely true Mrsgnomie throws more curves than a snake...and makes you love every minute of it. One things for sure...you're ALWAYS!!!....left wanting more. 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler
  1.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..